Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New EBAY feedback rules  (Read 9313 times)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
New EBAY feedback rules
« on: May 23, 2008, 12:30:49 PM »

At the risk of repeating threads running in a million other forums accross the planet, what do people think of the new ebay feedback rules that mean buyers can leave whatever feedback they want, but sellers now only have the option on leaving positive feedback or not leaving feedback.

Personally i think this is utterly ridiculous and i probably won't be selling anything on ebay anymore. Already i've had some french guy just refuse to pay for a £2 SK1 manual and theres nothing i can do about it! I could start an unpaid item dispute but as soon as i do he'll just leave me negative feedback and theres no way i can respond or tell other ebay users that he's a non paying bidder.

As far as i can see the changes just mean that buyers can now hold sellers to ransom or bid stupid amounts with no intention of paying or decide they don't want an item after winning an auction, and as a seller you have no comeback whatsoever.

Oh well. thats ebay over with, anyone else know of any other decent auction sites?
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Matt the Modulator

• Kicks like the DADDY!
  • 8Bit Brain Analog Heart
    • THE MAGIC MESS
Re: New EBAY feedback rules
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 08:25:39 PM »

ive just written to ebay explaining my dislike and how unfair the new rules are and i will not be selling maybe if loads of us complain that we wont sell they will change mmmm ebay recieved lots of complaints about the new search engine they tried about 3 mounths ago and it looks like they have scrapt it so they do listen.
8Bit Brain Analog Heart

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 09:55:23 AM »

I've sold a grand total of 6 items on ebay since the new fules came in and in 5 of those transactions the original auction winner never got in touch or said they didn't want the item or claimed that thier wife / son / mad uncle / dog put in the winning bid without their permission and they wouldn't be paying.

Thats 5 out of 6 auctions i've had to relist or do second chance offers and generally spend so much time trying to actually get rid of the thing that i'm meant to have sold that it hardly seems worth the effort anymore.

The auction for my glow in the dark HR16 ended 4 days ago and has the guy who won it bothered to get in touch? No, because he knows he can bid whatever he wants and theres nothing i can do about it if he doesn't want to pay.......

Make that 6 out of 7 then :(
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Matt the Modulator

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • THE MAGIC MESS
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 10:42:57 AM »

yep its crazy either they don't pay or offer you £30 less than the winning bid and can you also throw in some good quality cables with the excuse  its better than re listing!  mother f@ckers i mite invite one round to pick up the item and punch em in the face i certainly want to! 
8Bit Brain Analog Heart

PolyPhuckin

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 10:53:51 AM »

But from the buyers point of view (i haven't sold anything on ebay yet) i feel safer not 'held to ransom' anymore buy the seller.
It used to be that the buyer had to leave feedback first, which isnt right since the buyer has already fulfilled his end of the bargain by paying, and if you left negative feedback, it would most likely be that the seller would leave you negative feedback, which isn't fair.

Rather than what they have now, a seller unable to leave negative feedback, they should make it the seller has to leave feedback first before the buyer does, that way you can still leave negative feedback if they dont pay etc...

It's swings and roundabouts really. There's always gonna be something wrong with it.

Matt the Modulator

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • THE MAGIC MESS
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 12:10:36 PM »

Thats a good point really its nether going to be totally fair the Rules should be a buyer can not leave feedback until the seller has mmmm that mite sort it but the new rules are stupid i cant sell anything neither can paul so there will less sellers more buyers = higher price due to demand so thats me finished as a buyer and a seller crazy anyway iam off to get ripped of buying petrol
8Bit Brain Analog Heart