Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Body Contacts?  (Read 10205 times)

iqoruvuc

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
Body Contacts?
« on: May 11, 2006, 04:28:43 PM »

Does anyone know any good places to get body contacts?  I can get hold of dome nuts okay but was looking for something maybe a little flatter. :-\

voodoolikeudoo

• Way to much time on his hands
Re: Body Contacts?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 07:47:10 PM »

Metal drawing pins. Heat up the point and melt it through the case then solder a wire to it on the other side. You might have to glue it down with epoxy resin but they usually stay on on their own.

djsynchro

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 11:31:30 PM »

I use dome nuts and they are super good, and they look cool.
But it's up to you of course.

sponge

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 10:14:16 AM »

i had a flash of inspiration the other day when i looked at my bits box - get a small piece of stripboard (maybe 10 by 10 holes)  and then solder a wire to each strip of the stripboard, and run all the wires into the case.  then solder resistors in ascending values to the wires, and attach these all to the body contact point, or different body contact points.  has anyone ever done this?  what does it sound like?

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 02:24:53 PM »

thats the kind of idea i like to see, utterly absurd and yet strangely practical, i can't think of any reason why that wouldn't work. If you had it attached to a pitch contact and you could tune it with preset pots you'd have a kind of bizarre keyboard but on the other hand, you could just use a keyboard ;)

I'm told that some types of video cassatte tape are conductive but have greater resistance over length. potential for a giant ribbon controller there i suspect. :)
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool