Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Parts in Europe / first bend (SA-2)  (Read 8172 times)

amkrisis

Parts in Europe / first bend (SA-2)
« on: August 26, 2008, 02:29:26 PM »

Hey guys

Just got a copy of Ghazala's book and scored an SA-2 off of ebay!

I was just wondering where you guys get your parts? I'm living in Belgium, but can order online. I'm not very keen on ordering from the States however due to shipping costs and added taxes upon arrival in Belgium.

Also: would you recommend Ghazala's mod of the SA-2 as a good starter project? I was thinking if it wouldn't be possible to have a knob to slow the sound down or change the pitch?

Would that be easy to do?

Bogus Noise

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • Bogus Noise Website
Re: Parts in Europe / first bend (SA-2)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 08:48:10 AM »

The SA2 is a great fun mod, and not too complex as described in Reed's tome. You can take it further than the book's mods of course, there's a 6+ page thread in the Keyboards section about the Casios with some really good info in.

A pitch pot isn't possible, but there's information on a rather tasty pitch-down switch on the Casper Electronics site, thanks to Paul Oceanus. It's a little more advanced, but well worth adding at some point. :)

LoneStar81

• Way to much time on his hands
Re: Parts in Europe / first bend (SA-2)
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 01:16:26 PM »

I was just wondering where you guys get your parts? I'm living in Belgium, but can order online. I'm not very keen on ordering from the States however due to shipping costs and added taxes upon arrival in Belgium.

In terms of ordering parts, forget the States and North America completely. Prices and availability are mediocre at best, compared to middle European standards.
I would suggest ordering in Germany if you can't find any proper suppliers in Belgium (you should, though).
Some good ones are:

Conrad www.conrad.de   -   pretty pricy but good selection of quality parts
Reichelt  www.reichelt.de  -  cheap and moderate quality parts, good for standard stuff
Pollin   www.pollin.de  -  opportunities for getting leftover parts in big amounts for real cheap.