Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: sliding on/off switches and useless battery compartments.....  (Read 9328 times)

andy_wheels

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation

does anyone have any tips as to how to use those on/off slider switches which become useless once you remove the front panel and expose the circuit board due to the actual switch being on the front? i can't think of any easy way to do it...

....and battery compartments... do you use tape to keep the batteries in place if the compartment becomes useless once you open the machine up (see the casio sa range as a good expample) or have you got a custom battery box that you connect to the terminals? i'm thinking the second option is the way forward here...

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: sliding on/off switches and useless battery compartments.....
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 02:43:55 PM »

The best workaround for those on / off switches is to trace the pads back on the circuitboard until they coem to solder points and then wire another switch or even just some wire across those solder points, effectively bypassing the removed on/off switch.

Personally i use a decent lab bench power supply when bending and crocodile clip it to the machines power terminals but i'm sure a battery box would work just as well.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

papaspank

Re: sliding on/off switches and useless battery compartments.....
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 01:46:46 AM »

For missing battery covers

I find that getting a bit of 'velcro tape' from any decent hardware store, or sewing shop can save a bit of aggro.

Put some on the battery (works best with the square 9v buggers) and any area of the battery box that it sits on - and it stays there fine.

Sadly, though - you may find that the sticky tape backing gets left behind when you try to take it off the battery  :(
However, with a bit of patience the said bit can usually be re-used about four/five times before needing a fresh bit.