Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: PSS-6: better than I initially thought  (Read 10706 times)

computer at sea

• Closer to the meat
PSS-6: better than I initially thought
« on: October 06, 2008, 10:46:50 PM »

I had previously suggested the PSS-6 wasn't a super keyboard, but upon opening it back up I've had much better results.  Sending the trigger from a 555 oscillator opens up some new options.  I'll post diagrams tomorrow once I get my notes straightened out, but there's some pretty nice looping capabilities.

computer at sea

• Closer to the meat
Re: PSS-6: better than I initially thought
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 03:26:21 PM »

Here's the diagram.  The two direct point to point switches are mods discovered by Kaseo, and the rest is new stuff.

The oscillator catches and repeats a sound at a variable rate, and the body contacts when connected (really firmly connected) change the looped sound.  Samples coming soon...

deathbender

• Way to much time on his hands
Re: PSS-6: better than I initially thought
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 01:08:54 AM »

Just checked some of these bends with my PSS-6. The noisy glitch and the very nice glitch don't work. The first one connecting pins 1 and 16 resets the device with a loud pop, nothing more. The second one connecting pins 28 and 29 produces a stable glitch in literally 1 out of 100 tries. The rest of the time it just locks everything up after emitting a 1-2 second glitch sound and you have to switch off and on again.

The only "bend" I've found (the overdrive points i found on another schematic don't work either) is the battery interrupt, which sometimes (1 out of 20) crashes the machine into making strange noises. Quite useless though.

I connected some more points using LEDs but these connections effects are too subtle to be really useful and more or less absolutely crap. I just left them installed in case I send the output through some heavy distortion, then the mods are slighty audible...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 04:28:27 AM by deathbender »