Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Those pots you get from maplins  (Read 7836 times)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Those pots you get from maplins
« on: December 15, 2008, 03:56:29 PM »

does anyone know anywhere else in the UK where you can buy those miniature pots you can get from maplins with the solid aluminium shafts?

Theres loads of places that do pots with serrated shafts for push on knobs but i'd prefer a solid shaft, despite the fact that you end up having to saw half of it off.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Bogus Noise

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • Bogus Noise Website
Re: Those pots you get from maplins
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 11:30:31 PM »

I was on the hunt for these the other week. I usually end up hacksawing the splined ones as well, but could do with some solid shaft ones as well. Haven't found any yet but have a couple more places to check - I'll report back if I find anything. Frustratingly, I have a few lying around and can't remember where I bought them. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Maplins, I hope not anyway... I hate that place and will only go there in an emergency!

Incidentally, I tried to get Rapid to stock the better JPR's better push button switches from that other thread. They sent me a sample of one alternative, but it wasn't much better than the ones they already do, and they called the search off after that. Was worth a go though - maybe they'd have better luck sourcing some of these?