Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Mix Me DJ  (Read 9637 times)

the_zombiest

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • The Zombiest's Youtube Channel
Mix Me DJ
« on: June 08, 2006, 11:47:55 AM »

The mix me dj was the first toy i purchased to learn the basics of bending. I found the pitch variables, but after listenening to your sample on the sound page i realise that i haven't fully unlocked it's potential.

I used a 100k pot for adjusting pitch. I think i complicated things massively.  I added an on-off-on toggle to another on-on toggle so you can switch between pitch pots and normal mode.  I may go back and simplify this now that I have a better understanding and a better range of pots.

if anyone wants to give me any advice on this it'd be greatly appreciated.

I found some interesting tweaks on WarrantyVoids' site, so here that is:
http://users.informatik.haw-hamburg.de/~windle_c/TableHooters/KidsCom_MixMeDJ.html

The extra presets are worth finding!

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: Mix Me DJ
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 12:41:39 PM »

been a long time since i did a Mix Me DJ although those 7 extra loops on the warranty void site look interesting, if only just for the sake of installing them ;)

I think we used a 470K pot on ours for the loops pitch with a switch that either let the machine crash at the top of its pitch range or switched in a small preset pot to limit the highest pitch. Some interesting noises can be produced if you take the machine into the crash range and pull it out again quickly before it has a chance to totally die.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

the_zombiest

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • The Zombiest's Youtube Channel
Re: Mix Me DJ
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 10:28:15 AM »

The extra loops are great, the hidden volume for the keyboard/scratch disk is worth looking for too.