Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Is the Yamaha RX-15 like the RX-21?  (Read 12140 times)

davethedoobie

Is the Yamaha RX-15 like the RX-21?
« on: May 12, 2009, 01:13:38 AM »

Are the circuit boards, chips etc on the Yamaha RX-15 the same as on the RX-21?  If so I have got a few interesting sounds from mine by inserting a capacitor between several points.  Over the year I've had this machine I've found several more from low farts to beeps and general noise.  I've avoided the generic distortion and discovered this weird resonating filter that takes it too another level.  If I knew how to share sound files, pictures etc I would but I don't know how.  From what I can see with the rx-15 it has a swing function which could be interesting.

jochenp

Re: Is the Yamaha RX-15 like the RX-21?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 02:53:29 PM »

Could you help me with those RX21 bends? What chips are you fiddling with? Or what bendpoints? I have a rx21l and I've researched the datasheets of about all ic's. The only ic I can't find a sheet from seems to be the most interesting, but I'm afraid to short it out by connecting the wrong points. With the other chips I just stay clear of the legs supplying voltage.

davethedoobie

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 10:33:37 PM »

I fully intend to share my findings I just need to learn how to upload images and sounds onto a site that hopefully does not infect my PC with a virus of some sort.  I will tell you to stay away from the small chips in the middle as when I first found bends on these they were great but then I discovered they prevented the drum machine from responding to a midi clock signal.

jochenp

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 10:43:19 PM »

imageshack.us is a great site I use for uploading pics

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 11:08:13 PM »

upload your picture to a image hosting service like imageshack and then click on the 'Insert image' icon on the Post Reply page, and put the url of your image between the [img] brackets that appear
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

davethedoobie

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 08:31:24 PM »

I tried to be adventurous and create a video to share on you tube but the quality from the mic on my camera was awful to say the least.  I shall endeavour to give some good quality audio so that people can hear the bends with clarity.

heat00hunter

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 01:06:37 PM »

Hello
Can somebody help about the RX15.
I just found something on the  ym3012....
But i want find more and to do a patchbay.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 04:29:24 PM »

don't bother trying. All that'll happen is that it'll lock up and crash every 5 seconds and you'll have to keep doing factory resets and removing the internal battery to get it to restart.

The other exciting thing it'll do is magically fill every user pattern with no data that still takes up room somehow, so you can't program anything else without going through each pattern one by one and deleting them.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool