Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: LED's not working as envelopes?  (Read 5327 times)

Dylan

• Closer to the meat
LED's not working as envelopes?
« on: June 28, 2009, 06:03:01 PM »

So the other day I got two Pink LED's to use as envelopes for some bent instruments; now what I do for envelopes is just wire the LED's to the speaker/output lugs and it has always worked for me. But this time nothing's happening. I even wired the LED's up to a battery supply and nothing happens. Did I get ripped off or do I just suck when it comes to LED's?
www.palmetronics.com
BitCoin accepted.

Matt the Modulator

• Kicks like the DADDY!
  • 8Bit Brain Analog Heart
    • THE MAGIC MESS
Re: LED's not working as envelopes?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 09:05:29 PM »

try using a 400ohm - 1k5 resistor between the resistor and ground a long shot but might work
you may have all ready blown the led by conecting it to the battery unless you have used a resistor allready ?? it also depends on the toy speak and spell work but many others dont.
8Bit Brain Analog Heart

Dylan

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 10:14:42 PM »

I had a red LED working on my SA2 as an envelope, but the pink doesn't. I'll try the resistor out, thanks.
www.palmetronics.com
BitCoin accepted.

Tyler1144

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 03:00:01 AM »

Find out if its broken by touching it to a button cell or a battery pack, and if it works there and not on the speaker, it means the speaker isnt outputting enough power for it to light up. One other thing you could try is touching the positive pin on the led to the positive on the speaker, then the negative to the battery's negative. If you absolutely need a light then you could build a circuit that amplifies the speakers output so the led is actually effected.

Dylan

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 05:32:48 PM »

It's working now. I have no idea why it wasn't before. I hooked it up exactly as I did before, but now it shines. Kind of dim, but that'll be fixed when I throw the feedback bend on this sucker.
www.palmetronics.com
BitCoin accepted.