Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: People disappearing off the forum  (Read 8703 times)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
People disappearing off the forum
« on: September 06, 2009, 08:48:40 PM »

Does anyone know why 'manufactured zero' seems to have deleted his account, and i've just noticed that Illuminasty seems to have done the same? Both these people were pretty active members of the forum so it seems a bit odd they've actually gone to the extent of suddenly deleting their accounts.

I'm hoping its not a forum error randomly deleting people.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

MAGTIG

• asspostle
Re: People disappearing off the forum
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 12:49:43 AM »

I messaged manufactured zero on youtube and he confirmed that he deleted his account. He said was disappointed in the lack of responses to his questions, despite his willingness to help others.

I'm a bit disheartened by all of this. He was really cool and helpful, and he's kind of right (although there are some exceptions); it can be pretty tough to get an answer to anything other than the vague and general around here. Fortunately I'm at a point where that stuff still helps me out.

:(

Dylan

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 02:05:26 AM »

That's kind of a stupid reason to leave. Signing up for this forum I noticed that it's not the most frequently visited forum. But I still signed up and I've probably learned more here than any other source on the web. Don't delete your account, just don't come here as often. I'm guessing they'll sign back up in a little while. I hope they do, manufactured zero was a pretty cool guy from what I saw.
www.palmetronics.com
BitCoin accepted.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 12:22:22 PM »

He was really cool and helpful, and he's kind of right (although there are some exceptions); it can be pretty tough to get an answer to anything other than the vague and general around here. Fortunately I'm at a point where that stuff still helps me out.

Thats always going to be the way though i suspect. Circuitbending isn't an exact science and this isn't really a dedicated electronics forum, if it was it'd be a lot more useful technically but also a lot more boring.

Questions about specific machines are always going to be a bit of a shot in the dark depending on if anyone out there has ever actually bent that machine before. Combine that with the fact that on any forum or group, people will always tend to ask a question but not come back to post details about what they did with the answer or how they solved the problem, and inevitably you end up with a whole lot more questions than answers.

Personally i'd have thought that if nobody answers a question then maybe thats because nobody knows the answer, so you should probably just try your best to work something out yourself and maybe post your conclusions here if or when you come to any.

It does seem a little extreme to actually go to the extent of deleting your entire account rather than just not bothering to sign in anymore. Its a shame as he made some excellent contributions.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

gmeredith

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 07:30:17 AM »

Maybe he was suffering from "forum overload syndrome" - I know I have had to make a concerted effort to not join any new forums because I just don't get time to do the rounds of the ones I'm in as it is, heheh.

Cheers, graham

davethedoobie

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 07:05:39 PM »

Has anyone considered that he has deleted his account because he is now selling items on ebay and wants to appear like a 'professional' circuit bender. 

I mean surely he would only want to sell his 'unique' bends on ebay and not information that he has gathered from this site.  Also, if he has shared information then that is like S-CAT telling us his (their) secrets.  Someone with a soldering iron, a couple of pots and a laminator could produce bent instruments like them.

Give respect to Paul Parry I think he gave so many the idea.  He inspired me anyway.