Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Ultimate Casio SA bending guide.  (Read 66701 times)

Simon Vactrol

• Way to much time on his hands
Re: Ultimate Casio SA bending guide.
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2011, 11:42:34 AM »

Apparently de-powering the keyboard a b helps it to crash better..i'll suggest you to use the power starve as a fine tuning for voltage i'm about to install it inside with a trimmer..my crash contacts seems to work much better now.
:)

Dylan

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2011, 02:55:10 PM »

Thanks Simon! I'll have to try that this weekend.
www.palmetronics.com
BitCoin accepted.

Simon Vactrol

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2011, 10:41:12 AM »

still not perfect  Dylan i dont know why this morning the kboard doesn't want to crash!! GGrrrr!!
..damn sa!!X. :(

Dylan

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2011, 02:37:43 PM »

Hmmm, I'll do some more poking around tomorrow and I'll take some pictures if I find any good spots.
www.palmetronics.com
BitCoin accepted.

Dylan

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2011, 06:56:09 PM »

Got the glitch! Finished this keyboard a few weeks ago but didn't wind up making a video until this past weekend. I'll try to post a picture of the points on the IC where I got them for the others who were having trouble.

Circuit Bent Casio SA-8
www.palmetronics.com
BitCoin accepted.

Simon Vactrol

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2011, 06:19:36 PM »

I'm still watching mine...is in the table just in front of me.. i hate it!!...your seems to react quite well...i like it!

Dylan

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2011, 01:30:31 AM »

Grr, forgot to upload that. Here you go, just hook it up like the "Glitch Randomizer" (pushbutton with a 1M pot). Hope it works for you.

Sorry for the size!
www.palmetronics.com
BitCoin accepted.

illtroniks

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2011, 09:43:09 PM »

I did a SA-8 a while ago for a friend.  Its simple.  I never had any problems with the bends, and used alot of Caspers ideas, with some tweaking of my own.

Ill put up another video of another SA-8 i did for myself sometime later

http://youtu.be/ALwye7ra7m8

maxdemian

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2011, 02:14:41 PM »

hi everyone!
i just ordered a LTC for my SA-10, it worked for 5 minutes but then i think i fucked up the ltc couse i just had it on the breadboard, the resistor between pin 1 and the pot was  out i wrongly puttet it in between pin2 and the pot.
do you think the ltc is destroyed?

and now, i dont want to wait for another one, i just thought of building a 555 oscilator, is it possible? usually the clock is like 22mhz, can the ne555 go that high anyway? and do you guys know what i should use for the resistors and caps etc. because i have nothing to messure that high frequencies.

best
demian

argossummergiftguide

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2015, 03:31:24 PM »

Hey guys, newbie here,
I’ve been bending my Casio SA-2 and getting to grips with a few of the bends on here, added the volume, drum pads out, I added a power crash out. Since then, something has happened, my keyboard only plays at a really low volume through the speaker and aux out even when i disconnected the power crash mod and made sure nothing is short circuiting… reckon I’ve blown the op amp, it is possible that I hooked it up to 9v adapter by accident (even worse, I may have even reversed the polarity)? how would i find out if I’ve blown it? any suggestions, could I have blown something simple to replace?

hookbay

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2017, 06:18:39 PM »

Does anybody have the instructions for djsynchro's scream distortion mod? I think the old topic had a picture of it, but it's gone now.

Phike

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2017, 12:13:47 PM »

Did someone injected successfully a LTC1799 on SA-8? Either switching with the original clock or not?

Many Thanks!  ::)

Steve DrGwon

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2018, 02:40:24 AM »

Hello everyone!! i know its a veeeeeery old topic,, but maybe this help someone than (like Me) is looking for info about bending casio SA series,and find this topic….
 I think the picture at starting of the topic its in a certain way wrong…
  For what i see all the pin conexions at the OKI chip are inverted… UP is DOWN and DOWN is UP.
im not shure about the OpAmp chip,,, havent have the oportunity to check it.

Am I Wrong?? Did i miss something??

PD: please forgiveme for my English, im try me best but it is not my language ::) ::)

SynthularModulus

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2019, 08:22:09 PM »

Instead of using a crystal and two capacitors to change the clocking, why not just use a resonator? They are available from Murata (and maybe others,) in a number of useful frequencies, AND they have 3 pins, so I believe it should just be a direct swap. In fact, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the stock component actually a resonator, since it has 3 pins and not 2? Anyway, I am going to try this myself and will let you know the results.

Northernexpermentsinsound

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2021, 08:50:40 PM »

I recently bent my Casio SA-8 using this thread as my guide, so thanks to everyone for sharing all the info.  Most things seem to work, I’m not that keen on the original glitch bend , I’m guessing it wasn’t really meant for the SA-8 ? I didn’t manage to do the power starve mod either because I couldn’t find at pot less than 1k. I did the clock mod with a 6mz crystal but to get it to work I have to put almost spent batteries in and to get the glitch to work I have to put new batteries in! I suppose the power starve would have helped with that. Has anyone swapped out the clock altogether and used a LTC1799 successfully ? I added a couple of trigger in’s that are nice to have going while messing about with the feedback mod. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/XDEset8
Pages: 1 2 [3]