Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Its been a bit quiet around here recently  (Read 77207 times)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: Its been a bit quiet around here recently
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2011, 12:12:25 PM »

also there is no middle ground here there are people with a lot of knowledge and there are people with little or no knowledge ,

Thats a good point actually, but more because i think it creates a situation where theres a lack of actual discussion about questions. Someone whos a beginner comes and asks a question, someone with a lot more experience just answers it, and thats the end of the thread. I guess thats always going to be the way of things on any forum of an experimental nature after a while.

this leaves me with a dilemma because i feel like i mostly come on here when i want something and am not part of a community as such so i dont really feel like a proper member on here cause i dont really contribute because i dont have the knowledge to contribute id imagine that many members on here dont contibrute because they dont have the knowledge to help and therfore dont post anything thus making it quiet

This is kind of why i'd like to see more people just presenting stuff that they've done or built. Maybe it might be a good idea to have a 'completed projects' section where people could produce short write ups of kit they have finished and want to show off.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Bogus Noise

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • Bogus Noise Website
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2011, 11:56:55 PM »

This is kind of why i'd like to see more people just presenting stuff that they've done or built. Maybe it might be a good idea to have a 'completed projects' section where people could produce short write ups of kit they have finished and want to show off.
I like this concept actually - that kind of section could also entice more people to the site, as it would effectively open up a gallery that non-circuit-benders (circuit straights?) could come see, and then maybe get more involved along the line.

Maybe if it was more of a "Showcase" section, people can post about projects that are in the works as well. This could garner more discussion as people could discuss ideas for how to progress in a certain project. I've been working on a project dubbed "The Speakquencer" that I've been meaning to post about, but when I had a look I wasn't quite sure where to put it! Is it Toys, or is it Synth DIY? A bit of both really...

I think it's definitely worth keeping the forum going though, it's still the best place to talk about it on the net, as well as having a great archive of useful info. And without it, where else are we going to go... Yahoo?   ;)

Dylan

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2011, 04:10:31 PM »

A "Show Off Your Shit" section would be great. I have a buttload of projects I'm building and it would be nice to show 'em off. In fact I'll be finishing one this weekend that doesn't fall into any of the categories on this forum, so an overall show off area would be a bitchin' idea.
www.palmetronics.com
BitCoin accepted.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2011, 01:30:29 PM »

I've just combined the updates and site comments/requests sections into one board and you should now find a 'show off your kit' section in the second slot down on the front page

Bogus Noise

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • Bogus Noise Website
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2011, 05:10:04 PM »

Ah cool, good to see the new section there :)

Can we post projects in the works there too?

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2011, 06:38:16 PM »

go for it.  ;)

I'd prefer to keep actual discussion of technique and how to do certain things in the main circuit bending discussion section, so use your judgement, but if you have something half finished you want to show off that you're not actually looking for advice on, thats fine

Bogus Noise

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • Bogus Noise Website
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2011, 07:43:39 PM »

Yeah, that makes sense, keeps things nicely sectioned! And not in the madhouse way... well, mostly not in the madhouse way ;)

Cool, will get my first show-off post typed up and posted then! :D

Gordonjcp

• http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2011, 11:10:43 PM »

I've just been really busy with work, too busy to play with the musical toys.
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

Dylan

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2012, 12:46:41 AM »

I had an idea:

Since there was the whole worrying about people just signing up, asking a question, and never coming back, how about a frequently posted content section? There you could compile the best posts talking about stuff that constantly gets posted.
www.palmetronics.com
BitCoin accepted.

nochtanseenspecht

• Three fingered inbred banjo plucker
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2013, 12:16:37 PM »

perhaps that's a nice idea

01012k7

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
    • ANALOG SYNTH
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2013, 11:41:58 PM »

i nomal read stuff on facebook what circuitbenders guys are up to but been busy my self with stuff i am building..

casio

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2013, 06:30:16 AM »

I for one hate/lothe/detest facebook -so an "off the grid" site like this -is the place for me...
It does sadden me to see this is not going strong -yet I do guess as some have said 2-3yrs ago
in this thead (noone even wrote in here for a year -uptil just a few weeks ago) -some people have moved
ahead -and don't need help -or don't want to share info -and think they've found something nobody else will...

IDK -one must have some secrets -yet technology must have others info inorder to expand...

someone said on the first page -3yrs ago -that'd be good to consolidate some ov the threads -and make them -machine specific -and I do think this would help (have found 2 or more threads stared by the same people -talking about the same thing).

also with new technology -whom other than diehards really needs to bend anything anymore? It can all be done
with externals. Yet maybe there will be a younger generation whom might seek to learn.

Most people I meet -who like bent instruments -simply want to buy them- & even if they wanted to bend something
they never would -due to their fear.

one thing I would say -is if you want more people to come in and talk -make it so that non-members can't see the forum post -they'd need to join -because as it stand -as I'm sure others may have mentioned -people just lurk -and don't ever talk etc.

I joined to be able to talk to people -so I am hopeful to meet some nice folks here -and even if just a few -I will
view it like a small show at a club. I've worked in clubs -for near 20yrs -and the bands -will ALWAYS only have a few people...

already met Gram -and am so glad to have.

cheers to anyone here who is active...

also as others say -time is an issue -and me myself -don't come on the net much -and in the past 10 years
-I've had no access for a year or so -thus not active... so i'd think this happens to others...

heck I am about to move again (I move ALLOT) and might not have internet for 6-or more months -IDK
yet if I do -and if people (even if few) are active -i for one will be here -picking brains -getting ideas
passing on what i can (I'm more a mod. guy -rather than bending) -with my limited knowledge -yet hope
to get back my gusto through here...

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2013, 07:39:44 PM »

I've changed it so people can't browse the boards without having an account and signing in. Its something i find quite annoying when i'm looking for information on other peoples forums, but there have been a few more posts over the past few days so we'll see how it goes.

noiseybeast

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2013, 04:17:07 AM »

Can you implement a partial preview to get people interested but not give them the full details of the posts? 

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2013, 01:55:56 PM »

People who aren't logged in can see all the boards with the thread titles etc, but they can't actually view the posts themselves.

There have been about 50-60 new registrations in the week or so since i changed things, which is promising, even if they don't post anything. At least people are visiting.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5