Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Casiotone MT-65 output socket help  (Read 8469 times)

JED

Casiotone MT-65 output socket help
« on: October 16, 2010, 04:06:04 PM »

Hi...I am an absolute newby to this sort of thing...I have had since new a Casiotone MT-65 keyboard which has had little use for many years and I have lost the manual....I recently bought a Tascam DP-008 multitrack recorder and want to use the two 1/4" jack sockets on the back of it to connect the casiotone to so as to able to make loops to record over (drum tracks etc)....trouble is I am not sure what sort of socket it is on the Casiotone....it just says"line out" and dosnt look like a 1/4" jack socket? Can anyone tell me what the socket is and how to make up a lead to connect it...also is there anywhere I can download  a copy of the casiotone manual??...if it would help I can email a pdf of the DP-008 manual to anyone who might need it so as to see what I am talking about......thanks in hope....JED  :-[

Gordonjcp

• This person is dangerously insane.
    • http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
Re: Casiotone MT-65 output socket help
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 06:50:44 PM »

It's probably a 3.5mm jack socket, same as a normal headphone minijack.  You can buy or make adaptor leads.
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

JED

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 07:21:21 AM »

Thanks Gordonjcp for your reply...I will see if I have a 3.5 plug to test it with although I dont know if the output is mono or stereo...probably mono due to the age of the beast...since posting I have emailed Casio for help although the MT-65 is no longer on their list of supported units....if I find a 3.5 plug seems to fit the socket maybe I should take a chance and get a 3.5 mm mono plug to twin 6.35mm stereo lead made up....if such a beast is possible to configure.....thanks again....JED.

arron

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 09:47:39 PM »

The output on the unit is an RCA (Phono) connection, it should also have a stereo headphone socket on the same panel, you just need what is known as a "Y" lead, it has a stereo 1/4" jack on one end and a pair of mono jacks on the two leads that come from it.

Arron

jamiewoody

• This person is dangerously insane.
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 04:02:37 PM »

or, if you get in the mood to take this thing apart, you can always wire a 1/4" jack to the board. this make prove more useful than the whimpy little jack you have to adapt down.
"gravity...it's what's for dinner!"