Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Korg ElecTribe EA-1 and ER-1  (Read 9205 times)

casioboi

Korg ElecTribe EA-1 and ER-1
« on: October 29, 2010, 03:09:06 AM »

I bought these on Ebay for US $114 and $120 respectively.

The EA-1 analog modeling synth arrived today. It's a solidly built unit with a nice retro analog UI and styling, and it makes some of the coolest sounds I've ever heard! I like it so much that I bought the ER-1 drum machine tonight so I can sync the two. It will get here on November 3rd or 4th.

It will be awhile before I think about modding them, as I want to master all of the stock possibilities of these units first. Has anyone here tampered with either the EA-1 or the ER-1? What were the results?

Regards,
Jim

electoyd

• Kicks like the DADDY!
Re: Korg ElecTribe EA-1 and ER-1
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 10:04:14 AM »

they are both ok, the ea-1 gets a bit tedious as the sound mangling capablities are quite limited, i prefer the er-1 its actually quite a nice little drum machine, they are easy to use and quite good fun.  You can put a pitch control in via the crystal, but as for other mods i wouldnt hold your breath as i think they are dsp analogue modelling which as far i know is pretty unbendable, though i would like to be wrong.  The components are packed in and surface mount as well.

casioboi

Re: Korg ElecTribe EA-1 and ER-1
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 05:26:09 PM »

Re: the DSP modeling, I suspected as much. They're still fun boxes even if I can't bend them.