Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: KPR-77 not programmable  (Read 7413 times)

der Warst

• aal?
    • der-warst.de
KPR-77 not programmable
« on: February 11, 2011, 01:42:45 PM »

Hey,

I just saw your amazing KPR-77 mod on Facebook, which reminded me I still have one of those lying around. The problem with it is that most of the time it doesn"t work in program mode. I can use play mode but since there haven't been any batteries in for ages, it only plays garbled bullshit. when I flick the switch to program mode, the LED stops blinking and the sequencer doesn't do anything anymore.

Weirdly enough, every once in a while when I power it up after a long time of not using it, it actually works again. But only for a limited time and once I switch it off and on again, it stops working again.

does anyone of you have an idea what might cause this and if it's fixable? I'd really love to be able to use it, I played around on the analog board a bit and it sounds soooo sweet with mods in place.

Thanks for any suggestion,
der Warst

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: KPR-77 not programmable
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 01:50:50 PM »

I think you have to delete all the crap in the memory or else it won't let you program it. Theres also a weird way you have to switch it to program mode to get it to actually accept anything, but i can't remember what it is. There must be details on the net somewhere.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Matt the Modulator

• Kicks like the DADDY!
  • 8Bit Brain Analog Heart
    • THE MAGIC MESS
Re: KPR-77 not programmable
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 10:32:43 PM »

I have just dug my  kpr out and finished it well sort of what's done is done and - well any way i had the same problem to program a new rhythm you put it in play mode select group A-B-or C and the the pattern  number - now hold the pattern number down as you switch it to write mode  it should display the pattern no, group and the write LED should be on  :P

To clear the pattern hold "chain write" and "step down" the metronome sound should be heard - all is good  ;D
set the bar length holding down "FUNC-SET" and the no "4" for 1 bar (i think)  also holding down "FUNC-SET" and 13 sets the quantise to 16ths hope this helps

Matt
8Bit Brain Analog Heart