Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: korg rhythm 55 trigger weirdness ?  (Read 8102 times)

selfpreservation

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
korg rhythm 55 trigger weirdness ?
« on: June 18, 2011, 06:00:06 PM »

hi ive got a rhythm 55 and ive been trying to trigger the sounds , i tried the 606 trig outs and via a shmitt trigger and then i used my ms20 which is much better i think the pulse too short on the roland or something , i canget it to trigger a sound but only when the internal sequencer is running any ideas ?  ???

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: korg rhythm 55 trigger weirdness ?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 06:10:07 PM »

On the TR77 theres so much background noise that is has a VCA that closes when you press stop and opens when you press start to minimise the noise floor. This might be the case here.

Have you tried physically disconnecting the trigger input to the sound from the internal sequencer when you use an external trigger input?
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

selfpreservation

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 06:39:11 PM »

cheers paul , i tried that i think ie i disconnected a cable and yes it did stop the sequencer playing the sounds but it still didnt trigger , well it does trigger but at really low volume , i mean barely audible , how did you beat the vca ? could i switch out the tempo osc so when i hit play it will wait for a tempo but open the vca ? service notes are here if you feel like taking a look http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E2FZC7MA
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 06:51:43 PM by selfpreservation »

selfpreservation

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 07:21:23 PM »

On the TR77 theres so much background noise that is has a VCA that closes when you press stop and opens when you press start to minimise the noise floor. This might be the case here.

Have you tried physically disconnecting the trigger input to the sound from the internal sequencer when you use an external trigger input?

hi mate i read your article again about the BRA , everytime i read it i learn something new , yes there is a vca and starting the sequencer without pattern selected works! now i just have to get the midi and the shmitt trigger working