Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BitCoin anyone?  (Read 6130 times)

Dylan

• Closer to the meat
BitCoin anyone?
« on: November 29, 2011, 05:52:23 AM »

Anyone ever hear of BitCoin? It's kind of like paypal, but not. It's a digital currency that's used all over the globe, mainly as a sort of rebellion against the failing fiat currencies (as far as I can tell). I have the option open on my website (see signature) to accept BitCoin for the junk I'm selling, so if any of you use bitcoin and want my stuff hit me up!

www.bitcoin.org
www.weusebitcoins.com
www.palmetronics.com
BitCoin accepted.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: BitCoin anyone?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 12:05:33 PM »

I've read the FAQ and a lot of the wiki, but i'm still not sure i understand it. I suspect i may be missing something fundamental there.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

parricide

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 11:57:00 PM »

somebody in another forum was talking about this a while back so i looked it up.
i understand how it all works (mostly) but i dont understand what they get out of your computer which is worth "money".
i dont really trust things poking around my computer and nobody could explain what they actually get from it

Dylan

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 12:04:16 AM »

There are many places to actually use it as "real" money. There are plenty of online shops that accept it, and even some real stores that do. I dig it because it's kind of a slap in the face to fiat currencies. People see how kind of pointless it is (the only reason it has value is because they say it does) because they then see that it's exactly what the state run "currencies" is. Only valuable because folks in suits say it is.
www.palmetronics.com
BitCoin accepted.