Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Yamaha RX120  (Read 11580 times)

englar

Yamaha RX120
« on: January 26, 2007, 11:24:23 AM »

Hi this my first topic :)

I've found in a second-hand market a YAMAHA RX120 .Do you know if it is bendable?I'm not very expert....so if someone have just bent it,please let me know.

cheers

Mat

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: Yamaha RX120
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 03:15:38 PM »

Is that the one that looks like the RX21 and RX17 but only has preset patterns?

The RX17 is certainly bendable but i have heard that the RX21 isn't, although i can't confirm or deny that as i haven't tried one.

Just had a look inside an RX17 and the ROM chip where you want toi try shorting the pins together for bends is a 32 pin chip near the power supply heatsink labelled Yamaha XC258A0. I don't know if that will be any help with an RX120.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

zoomtheline

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 11:02:57 AM »

AArrgggh damn it!

just popped on here to ask if anyone knows anything about bending an RX21! I guess I have an answer.....

I have just been given one by a bandmate who has never used it and owned it for about 15 years, its not a great machine in any way but I instantly thought it may be bendable.

Oh well! if anybody else knows anything about these please let me know, although I may have a go with it myself anyway as I have other D machines that are better so won't be using this one as it is.

Cheers

will let ya know how i get on.

doctea

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 02:31:37 PM »

Hi there, just thought I'd add this as its all that comes up when you search RX21 on these forums - they do appear to be bendable, I've collected some links here: http://www.doctea.co.uk/CircuitBentWiki/doku.php?id=yamaha_rx21