Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Speak & Math  (Read 65959 times)

cubs

Re: Speak & Math
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2007, 06:49:13 PM »

lots of super links!
i'm waiting for my speak & maths to come in the post (christmas slowww post) so when it arrives i'm going to have a bash at bending it (my first) can't wait.

kick52

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2007, 11:36:54 PM »

lots of super links!
i'm waiting for my speak & maths to come in the post (christmas slowww post) so when it arrives i'm going to have a bash at bending it (my first) can't wait.

Please try my circuit board line cut idea

boneless

• Way to much time on his hands
    • Neal Beard and his Machines
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2008, 03:27:58 PM »

Just done one of these following Reed Ghazhala's schematics. Only my fourth project, and it seemed a bit of a cheat to not explore it myself but at least it works.

Went a bit dyslexic with the switches though - managed to put them all in the wrong way up! - probably due to the fact that  the circuit board dig in the book was upside down too...?!

-and now I've got this far going to add some of the extras from this thread that look cool - especially the tone bend generator...

Thanks to all for the info - much help to a newbie...

Tyler1144

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2008, 03:01:58 AM »

ive got the bend above working i was just wondering if anyone knew anymore bends on the speak and math. im quite new to circuit bending and a bit paranoid about probing round the circuit myself in case i fry it, it took me such a long time to find one id be gutted if i killed it.

how stable are the speak and maths? are they easily fried?

if anyone knows any bends or has links to other sites please post.

thanks

ok i feel the same way. i found a good picture, here it is:

zenith ram

• don't waste your time on redheads
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2009, 09:20:45 PM »

wow guys. thanks for this thread. ive started work on the s&m schematic and all i can say is  mwahhah yes sir! the pitch bend is definitely one of my favourites. i have some very nice aesthetic ideas that i will implement and will post pics once i'm finished. the volume led is yet another nice feature. can you use more than one led, like say 3 or four?

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2009, 07:46:44 AM »

can you use more than one led, like say 3 or four?

I think i used about 6 LED's around the inside of the handle on one speak&maths so yes you can, just wire them in parallel.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

S-CAT

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2009, 09:44:18 AM »

Schematics are UNCOOL.
I roll my own.

I think that is what makes circuit bending fun, finding stuff to work with then making all the mods. Schematics spoil it IMO.

That is also the way we do things here, it is always good to know that the sounds that the machine make once finished are the ones that you wanted to keep and not the ones that you are told are good. There are many bends in a machine and the one that you do not keep are sometimes the ones that others like. It is always a matter of taste.

Arron

zenith ram

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2009, 07:03:54 PM »

cheers circuit benders (great site btw)! we'll see. i found an interesting led calculator online if anyone is interested: http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz

very cool.

what is the 'source voltage' on a speak and math? noob ? i know
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 07:11:04 PM by zenith ram »

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2009, 08:12:17 PM »

If memory serves correctly theres a voltage source of just above 4 volts that turns on and off with the machine that can be found on pin 10 or 11 of the expansion slot connector if you just want an on/off LED. I can't remember for sure though, this is where you need a multimeter.

Theres also a couple of connections where you can add LED's that glow with the output level but i can't really describe where they are without a diagram with some kind of chip & pin labelling

computer at sea

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2009, 03:31:15 PM »

You can find those connections pretty readily just poking around with an LED, as I recall. 

zenith ram

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2009, 04:44:30 PM »

5-6 led's would be ideal yes. i would be going for, from what i think you guys call it, an led envelope (lights and dims with the s&m's output) with green led's mcd @ 10000. still don't know the difference between 'series' wiring and 'parallel'. *shrugs* also trying to discover my own diy bends, as scat called it 'rolling your own'.   :D thanks all for your help

mr ibrahiem

• Im Ibrahiem I like to eat apples
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2009, 10:32:21 PM »

HYey I heve question is coleco talking teacher ant good for circuit bend? just needing to know as if not then i am sell it to scrap shop

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2009, 11:03:24 PM »

Can you please try posting in the right threads? I have asked you to stop making off topic posts before.

This thread is about the Speak&maths, its really not the right place to ask if the talking teacher is good for bending. Do a search on google or even on this forum and if you still can't find anything then start a new thread. If you had actually tried searching before posting here you would have found loads of information on the talking teacher.

coliusuriah

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2010, 11:50:28 PM »

i have found that using a diagram to get a gist of what is there helps you find what you are looking for, as for S-CAT he does great work that rings in cash on eBay. and i agrees with rolling your own!

on the speak series you have little room to mount all the controls for the multiple body contacts, loops, and glitches. Ive come up with a great idea that adds some real estate...
use plexi-glass to cover up the hole in the handle, mount it snug and now you have a panel for all your switches and pots, this was you can keep it together without stressing about space on the sides..

thought a few people would like this idea//
also i use old studs i pull out of belts for body contacts. bend the points on the back and solder your lead to this, then hot glue it to your project..

hope this adds some food for thought when your bending the MATH or anything else in the SPEAK series
feel free to email me or add me on facebook!!!
scabbed_eyewa@hotmail.com

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2010, 12:05:00 AM »

or like this:

Any reason why you have a yellow bit there or is something going odd with the forum code?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4