Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Speak & Math  (Read 60690 times)

coliusuriah

Re: Speak & Math
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2010, 12:30:12 AM »

yeah i saw that on a few speaks after i did the plexi mod.. basically all you have to do is cut the plexi and then use screw bolts to secure it. this one shown is pretty sweet, but looks like a lot of work and more expensive, yet the project box keeps it all enclosed and adds a bit more space..

i was going to play with the text colors. then thought that was lame, everything is working good :)

adamduke

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2010, 06:08:40 AM »

Hey folks - I've noticed in a bunch of photos of peoples speak n ___ that they've put knobs, etc along the bottom where the 'C' batteries are.  Has anyone here done this?  I understand the concept, but I'm at a loss for figuring out a really decent layout to get some more real estate in there.  Can I use 4 'AA' batteries??  Is that a dumb question?  Photos appreciated!  (hmmm.. I was just thinking that maybe they just use the DC power source instead of batteries, but maybe I'm wrong)

It definitely makes replacing batteries a bigger hassle to do all this but I don't have any breakout boxes on hand and I really want to finish this up so I can get to playing around with it!

adam.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2010, 11:34:33 AM »

Use a power supply if you want, it'll be fine and probably a bit more stable. The only reason i never use the battery space to mount controls it because i'm invariably modding these for other people and some people prefer to use batteries. If you'll only ever be using a power supply then it doesn't matter.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

adamduke

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2010, 02:15:29 PM »

so no one is re-configuring the battery space inside then? 

Ciderfeks

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2010, 03:11:29 PM »

If you mean adapting the S&S to take a different sized battery to free up space but still use batteries, I've not seen it done (I don't think). Most of the mods that use the battery compartment for components seem to be powered by external power supplies and if you look at some of the vids on Youtube you can often see the power cable plugged in. Having said that, there is this one of Casper's and I don't know what that blue thing is to the right of the 555 chip? Anyone? Have I just totally contradicted myself?   ::)

Ciderfeks

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2010, 05:08:32 PM »

Although one reason to leave the battery compartments alone on Spell's and Read's of course is so you can use the vocabulary expansion modules that slot in via the battery compartment. The ET one for the Spell is pretty cool.  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]