Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Korg DDD5 Battery  (Read 15503 times)

soflaed

Korg DDD5 Battery
« on: December 22, 2008, 01:00:52 AM »

I got a Korg DDD5 and it powers up and has sound when you hit the pads but no sound when you hit start. the lights flash in sequence like its playing but nada coming out. Could this internal battery need replacing? Im a little new to this stuff.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: Korg DDD5 Battery
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 01:43:31 AM »

This may seem like an obvious question but have you actually recorded any patterns?  :-\

Oh, and i think you need the blue text front panel labelled 'PROGRAMMABLE MODE' in place before you can program anything. I think the other front panel has green test and is labelled as song mode or playback mode or something like that isn't it? I can't remember as the only DDD5 i have only has the blue front panel and i've never needed the green one. God know what Korg were thinking when they can up with that idea.

I think even if the internal battery was dead the DDD5 would store patterns while you had it turned on but lose them as soon as you turned it of.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

jcruzan

Re: Korg DDD5 Battery
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 11:41:39 PM »

I have one of these and had the same problem, do the following:

While powering up the DD5 hold down the (-1 NO)  and (0) keys. you should see the display say something like System reset - Preset Mode  (not Programmable mode).

After doing this you should be able to hit start and it will play the standard preset drum loops.

If this worked it in fact does mean that your battery is dead. You can replace it by opening it up and re-soldering a new one on the main board, it is easy to find, it is the only battery on the board. Re soldering the battery is a real pain, it was not meant to be easily replaced. If you are not good at this have a professional do it for you. A standard 3.5 volt computer main board battery will make a good replacement.

good luck!
John