Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: One of those days.  (Read 25293 times)

the_zombiest

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • The Zombiest's Youtube Channel
Re: One of those days.
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 11:40:14 AM »

dude, if you're gonna share anything, share the awesome video-out mod!!!
that's the business, that is!

goldenbaby

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2009, 05:58:11 AM »

As you can see, completely my fault though :D Perhaps somebody'll get a laugh outta that... I did.  That sound of plastic slamming into the ground... I just didn't expect it to break since I've dropped SA's from that height before.  It'll turn on and play correctly for about 10 seconds then fade to glitching then die.  Shorting all the caps didn't help.

Perhaps the new, more distilled take on anti-theory circuit bending; dropping things until something messed up happens.

Signal:Noise

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 06:59:48 PM »

I think my worst day was when the SK 1 i'd paid more than i'd have liked to for and had spent a considerable amount of time and care bending just died. It's still sat under the bed, waiting fro the day I ever find a broken one for spares or repairs

noystoise

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 08:15:50 PM »

what happened to it?

Gordonjcp

• This person is dangerously insane.
    • http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 01:19:20 AM »

Perhaps the new, more distilled take on anti-theory circuit bending; dropping things until something messed up happens.

See, I quite like at least a *bit* of theory.  If more people bending Alesis HR16s applied the theoretical knowledge and read up on what all the chips do, there would be less dead HR16s with knackered sample ASICs out there...

Read those datasheets, kids, no matter what the "anti-theory" people tell you.  Reed Ghazala is not your God/
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

Gleix

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 05:17:21 AM »

See, I quite like at least a *bit* of theory.  If more people bending Alesis HR16s applied the theoretical knowledge and read up on what all the chips do, there would be less dead HR16s with knackered sample ASICs out there...

Read those datasheets, kids, no matter what the "anti-theory" people tell you.  Reed Ghazala is not your God/

When you start dealing with complex instruments and anything with datasheets that need to be read I'd say that's closer to just "modifying" instruments than bending.  I associate circuit bending more with toys and cheaper keyboards. 

Gordonjcp

• This person is dangerously insane.
    • http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 09:01:56 AM »

When you start dealing with complex instruments and anything with datasheets that need to be read I'd say that's closer to just "modifying" instruments than bending.  I associate circuit bending more with toys and cheaper keyboards. 

True to an exent, but my point is more that if you actually look at how the thing works, even briefly, you're going to hit the good stuff straight away and *also* you're going to know how to avoid stuffing 12V into a pin expecting 5V and frying the unit...
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

LoFi-Ninja

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 11:45:38 AM »

Well it's not circuit bending, but I've been trying for a week to get an audio modulated flyback driver to work.... Damn thing is really starting to piss me off...

Say what? 

Say yeah.. That thing is going to be the sickest with some 8bit GB sounds modulating it...
Anyways, I managed to get like a super crappy 1mm continous arch from it (with non-audio modulated driver) so atleast I know the good old flyback isn't dead.. I think it is just TOO picky about drivers.. I guess I have to find another flyback.. Id really like to get the old one working with a cascade.. Can you say 25kV AC non rectified...  :o ;D
Pages: 1 [2]