Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: I got a DEAL! (The "I want to brag about what I got" thread)  (Read 105285 times)

nochtanseenspecht

• Three fingered inbred banjo plucker
Re: I got a DEAL! (The "I want to brag about what I got" thread)
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2011, 08:23:13 PM »

i bought an yamaha cs15 last week, and the man gave me a realistic (moog) mg-1 with it for free !!
what a wicked little keyboard that is  :D

happy new year btw !

Z3R0

« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2011, 10:45:42 PM »

i bought an yamaha cs15 last week,

Jealous as.. I love cs10's and 15's.... Went and sold both of mine to part finance an ms20 for £600 (about three years ago).. I cannot stand the ms20 but i'm not about to part with it since it's value has more than doubled. I'm always on the lookout for a cs15 if you get bored with it ;)

My own deal of the month.... I just picked up a Kawai K3 for £100

I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing since it's the only one i've ever seen. No idea what year it was made. Late 80's maybe???

Sounds bloody lovely. Like a poor mans ppg wave or something. Lots of Gary Numan-ness in the pad department. Which in my monosynth dominated setup is a joy to have.

selfpreservation

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2011, 01:30:04 PM »

apple g5 powermac 2.3 dual core 1mb ram 250 gig hd and apple 20" cinema display used for parish magazine by an old lady £225  8)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 02:02:05 PM by selfpreservation »

untune

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2011, 03:09:28 PM »

Jealous as.. I love cs10's and 15's.... Went and sold both of mine to part finance an ms20 for £600 (about three years ago).. I cannot stand the ms20 but i'm not about to part with it since it's value has more than doubled. I'm always on the lookout for a cs15 if you get bored with it ;)

I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing since it's the only one i've ever seen. No idea what year it was made. Late 80's maybe???

Sounds bloody lovely. Like a poor mans ppg wave or something. Lots of Gary Numan-ness in the pad department. Which in my monosynth dominated setup is a joy to have.

I've got a Kawai K1r, which is the rack version... it's the low end of the Kawai spectrum but still well respected for its pads, as all Kawais are.  I got mine about 4 years ago for somthing cheap - it was maybve 30 quid.  I remember the seller asking for extra postage cos he didn't make as much off it as he expected! :P

The samples sound dirty and lo-fi, I hear the K4 was where it was at... so the K3 mustn't be bad at all :D

Gordonjcp

• This person is dangerously insane.
    • http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2011, 03:18:13 PM »

I picked up a nice K1m about three years ago for I think £100 - lots of noise for the money...

http://www.gjcp.net/~gordonjcp/mp3s/sourkawai.ogg
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

nochtanseenspecht

« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2011, 06:11:17 PM »

k3 dont find to often.. digital waveforms analog filter hybride i think.. nice deal !

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2011, 11:30:18 PM »

I got a K3m (the rack version of the K3) from ebay for about £60 about 5 or 6 years ago. It sounds to me as if Leftfield used one a fair bit on Leftism.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Z3R0

« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2011, 06:50:58 AM »

Certainly a nice sounding synth. I haven't really played about with it yet. Stuck some headphones into it and had a tweak and play. I'm suprised they're as cheap as they are having looked on vintagesynth. $200 is stated as the norm. Someone mentioned the k4 on this thread. I had one of those ages ago. Horrible rompler type thing. It did have a few tricks up it's sleve like a filter (which back when i had it was pretty cool) and some decent sounds but it wasn't what i'd consider to be much of a 'synthesizer'. My second synth was a qs6. Which was also pretty lame. it had loads more sounds but no filter. It did however have some really nice pianos, a decent fx processor and the keyboard was really nice.

According to vintagesynth:

The K3 has been used by Jan Hammer and Patrick O'Hearn.

Go Crocket n' Tubbs!

noiseybeast

« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2011, 04:25:39 PM »

My most recent acquisition:  I bought a broken Korg Electribe EM-1 for $20 and did the usual fix.  I also added an LTC1799 pitch mod.   

I traded that for a dodgy Korg Polysix with a few too many issues to deal with.

I then traded the Korg Polysix for a like new Peavey Valveking 112.

Score!

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2011, 01:33:43 PM »

Boss SE70 effects unit for £20. The person selling it said there was an odd warble on the output but i can't detect it. I suspect they had a flanger turned on or something  ;)

selfpreservation

« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2011, 04:57:08 PM »

Boss SE70 effects unit for £20. The person selling it said there was an odd warble on the output but i can't detect it. I suspect they had a flanger turned on or something  ;)

i bought an se50 for £22 posted off ebay as faulty as it had no sound , turns out when the battery goes flat it sets the output levels to zero  ;D

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2011, 12:26:22 PM »

The brilliant Sony HR-MP5 fx unit has the same problem, except when the battery runs out the screen doesn't even come on so it looks like its died. Then after you've replaced the battery you need to press some bizarre selection of buttons as you power to up to reset it, or it still refuses to come on.

I wonder how many have been junked because of that? I know i've got two fully working ones out of it.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2011, 11:54:51 AM »

Roland R8 in pieces plus the 808 ROM card, all for £15. Reassembled it and it works perfectly  :D

nochtanseenspecht

« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2011, 04:54:40 PM »

yes those are the bargains :D it is a bulky machine but nice, specially with the 808 card.

my latest scores include a hr16 for 20 euro, tr626 for 25, microverb4 for 15 and a tc triple c for 20 eu.
funny thing is a lot of people don't realize most alesis stuff runs on ac, they try it with a dc adapter and then sell it as broken..

electoyd

• Kicks like the DADDY!
« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2011, 12:35:22 PM »

1 got 12500ish ttl7400series chips (500 tubes of 25chips), 2500ish 4000 series chips in 3 anti static cabinets.  3 cabinets with resistors (inc 100ish precision 0.1% 100k), 3 cabinets with various transistors, 3 cabinets with various capacitors ( all 48 drawers a cabinet).  1 large crate filled with metal film resistors, 1 large crate filled with carbon film resistors, lots of boxes of capacitors various sizes, various large boxes of solder terminals, prob about 2000 polysyrene caps various sizes, 19 metal blank rack panels between 3u and 5u, home made variable power supply, lots of led's, 50 5k log pots, about 150 potentiometer knobs, 200 ish 25 pin connectors, 40 small speakers, 20 rolls of wire 7, 10 and 16 strand, led tester, logic probe, anti static coated worksurface that spins 360 degrees, 9 large spools of up to 4000 components of 3 capacitors, 3 metal film resistors and 3 zener diodes of various voltage.  There is more but i cant remember of the top of my head, this was £540 for the lot!!  sure i could prob get my money back just selling the ttl chips, what do you do with 15000 chips?! a mega synth maybe  ;) 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9