Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: SK1 video out mod  (Read 12897 times)

LoFi-Ninja

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
SK1 video out mod
« on: March 21, 2009, 12:29:38 PM »

dude, if you're gonna share anything, share the awesome video-out mod!!!
that's the business, that is!

I think it's rather simple.. Gnd to Gnd, and then just poke around.. Probably with a small capacitor.. Am I right breakbeat/frostedminipete ? Hmm, come to think of it, I have a small tv I don't use.. I'll try it out..

EDIT: Just found this.. It's the SK-1 vid out mod.. So small cap or diode + small pot for contrast.. Easy peasy..

« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 12:35:37 PM by LoFi-Ninja »

the_zombiest

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • The Zombiest's Youtube Channel
SK1 video out mod
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 09:59:51 PM »

Cheers Lofi-Ninja, I'd seen this mod floating around before but didn't see as dramatic a result as with the SA-1. I've not tried it for myself though, so maybe I should just give it a bash and see what happens.

LoFi-Ninja

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
SK1 video out mod
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 01:26:14 PM »

Cheers Lofi-Ninja, I'd seen this mod floating around before but didn't see as dramatic a result as with the SA-1. I've not tried it for myself though, so maybe I should just give it a bash and see what happens.

No prob.. I think you mean SK-1 hehe.. But seriously I think you can do this to almost anything, it's just about finding the right spot.. Well I didn't get to try it be cause all the TV's wan't a proper signal.. They are just a blue screen if they don't have a signal from DVD or something like that..

Gordonjcp

• This person is dangerously insane.
    • http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
SK1 video out mod
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 02:06:24 PM »

Well I didn't get to try it be cause all the TV's wan't a proper signal.. They are just a blue screen if they don't have a signal from DVD or something like that..

It's because they're trying to detect a valid sync pulse, either horizontal, vertical or both (usually just vertical).  You could probably use a 555 oscillator or similar to create a reasonable-looking sync pulse.
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

the_zombiest

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • The Zombiest's Youtube Channel
SK1 video out mod
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 03:21:57 PM »

Well, I've had a go and I can safely say that it really does kick some visual arse.  There's some beautiful changes in the patterns when activating different bends. I really don't know why I didn't try this sooner... well, actually I was putting off fixing a couple of failing mods and I know how messy my SK's innards are  ::)

Once I've charged the camera battery, I'll post some links for your viewing pleasure. I really would recommend this mod. Thanks for posting it!

*edit*
No vids as of yet, but it seems to work just as well when using the audio out-to-video in. Nice effects. occasional splashes of colour. It kinda reminds me of the ol' speccy loading screens.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 08:36:12 PM by the_zombiest »

Simon Vactrol

• Way to much time on his hands
Re: SK1 video out mod
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 08:59:09 AM »

Always wanted add this mod on my sk1..but i'm still not sure.
Does anyone know what are the side effects of this mod?
tv damage? or sk damage?

Thanks for now...

Six
:)