Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Circuit Bent Competition  (Read 23230 times)

SineHacker

• Kicks like the DADDY!
Re: Circuit Bent Competition
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2009, 12:35:20 PM »

I'm too busy to really put the time into submitting a piece for this if it happens anytime soon, but here are some ideas if it helps:

Without there really being a hub where everybody can meet up, I think we will be restricted to two or three categories hosted online -

There could be a "Music" category, where people submit a soundfile (maybe downloadable and via soundcloud) I think there should be freedom for people to operate here to their own taste as restrictions of style and approach will complicate matters for some individuals - perhaps a simpler restriction like max. length of 1.30mins is more feasible. People could submit a short paragraph describing the work which could be serious/pop/comedy whatever...

There could be a "Bent Machines" category, where you submit a youtube demo video which really should be as high quality as possible and recorded well, judging criteria could be originality, sound, quality and/or usability.

A third category if not merged with the one above could be "Paint Jobs" in a pimp my casio style where high res photo's are submitted.

As for judges, I think there should be more than one - either some people are invited to judge the competition for us (I don't have any suggestions sorry) or we just keep it within the forum with the judges obviously not being allowed to submit anything within the categories they host - obviously some credibility would be good

Prizes - well if it's going to be hosted online and there will be no monetary exchange between anyone I think it should go ahead without, I know it sucks a bit but otherwise this topic is going to go around in circles forever unless someone steps forward and donates something!! I think a title should be worthy enough "Bent Pimp of the Year"?

Aid
yum, plastic sinewaves

DMC

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2009, 03:30:42 PM »

I'd be interested in providing space in my venue if there's interest in it being a real time, perhaps webcast event. We could provide performance space and facilities too.

We're located in the South East, 25 miles west of London, fairly easy to get to as we have junctions from both M3 and M4 within 3 miles and BR from either Waterloo or Reading. I've also set up discounted accomodation with a local hotel, so people could stop over fairly cheaply.

http://www.southhillpark.org.uk
http://www.digitalmediacentre.org

Drop me a line with any thoughts.

Dylan

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2009, 04:38:17 PM »

That would be awesome. Anyone care to fly me out to London?
www.palmetronics.com
BitCoin accepted.

guy.dallas

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2009, 08:37:07 PM »

I'd be interested in providing space in my venue if there's interest in it being a real time, perhaps webcast event. We could provide performance space and facilities too.

We're located in the South East, 25 miles west of London, fairly easy to get to as we have junctions from both M3 and M4 within 3 miles and BR from either Waterloo or Reading. I've also set up discounted accomodation with a local hotel, so people could stop over fairly cheaply.

At first I was like  ;D but then I was like  :-[ and then I was like  :o but now im back to  :(

Seeing London made me realize it wont be possible for me to come, but then I saw Waterloo, which was exciting because there are two towns in Ontario(canada) that are relatively close to each other named Waterloo and London so it gave some hope itd be close to me but then I saw your website and realized most def not happening in Canada.

SineHacker

• Kicks like the DADDY!
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2009, 12:31:42 PM »

If it happens in London I will definitely come, I'll be traveling across the country though
yum, plastic sinewaves

DMC

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2009, 01:32:43 PM »

I think it would be great to have an event with Skype video calls and blogging going on alongside from people who can't be there in person. But anyhow, it's obviously not exactly my idea, but it sounds cool so I'd support it if there's any interest.

Dylan

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2009, 05:26:58 AM »

I was thinking about doing a circuit bending competition through my label, Audio Sodomy Records. I wanted to just have one like the last one (Bend something, show it to us, win). Would people be interested in that? I'll try to hammer out the details (if you want to give some input with it, go ahead, the more opinions the merrier).
www.palmetronics.com
BitCoin accepted.
Pages: 1 2 [3]