Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: circuitbending pain  (Read 24291 times)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: knife + pss590 = pain
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 07:19:01 PM »

I'd forgotten this thread,

about 6 months back i nearly killed myself working on a guitar amp that was cleverly still plugged into the mains. The voltage came in through the index finger of my right hand and actually cooked my flesh in a weird pattern before exiting via my thumb which luckily was grounded. The cooked area looked exactly like roast chicken  ;)

Theres nothing like mains voltage electrocution, feels like your body is going to vibrate itself to pieces. ;D
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

PolyPhuckin

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2008, 08:42:09 AM »

i've just experienced my first mains shock, luckly i dropped the affending croc clips   :-\

Gleix

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 01:44:49 AM »

Not circuit bending, but when I was installing some new speakers in my car I had my soldering iron just kind of lying  next to me.

I got up to walk back inside to get something and, of course without noticing, took a step to get up with the entire weight of my body and my bare foot went right onto the soldering iron shaft. That was a month ago - it still looks a  bad and is a bit painful to walk on sometimes. :P

@poly:

I've had 2 or 3 mains shocks (one from a bad metal light pullstring in this house!!). It's such a scary feeling!

Hmm.. as long as I'm posting in this old thread, I was once cutting plastic on a keyboard of mine with a rather large knife. I put all of my force into it and it slipped, right into my thumb diagonally of course! I can usually stand injuries on parts of my body I don't constantly need, but I hate thumb and other finger injuries...seems to be almost all I get!

And of course, there's this thread if you scroll down: http://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1243.0.html
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 09:18:37 AM by Gleix »

LoFi-Ninja

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 09:06:17 AM »

I've gotten electrocuted by mains alot. I don't think it's very bad. Maybe it's because I've gotten used to it. But I'm the kind of person that shocks myself with stun guns just to see where it's most effective.  ::)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2009, 11:46:38 AM »

I've gotten electrocuted by mains alot. I don't think it's very bad.

That'll be down to that crappy 120V mains voltage you have in the US. In the UK we have a real mans mains voltage  :D

Huge 350v caps in valve amps on the other hand, thats a real mans electrocution  :o
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 12:31:33 PM by Circuitbenders »

SineHacker

• Kicks like the DADDY!
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2009, 04:53:01 PM »

it's not as impressive as some of the above but... I have one of those soldering irons that has a spring like mounting station - that gets very very hot with the iron resting in it, and I keep seeming to forget. the amount of times i've grabbed it in an effort to make some space on my crappy little desk  ???
yum, plastic sinewaves

Tyler1144

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2009, 09:04:33 PM »

One time i was using one of those ton-in-one tools with a pliers on one end. Trying to remove an led from a lightsaber circuit, i missed the led, snapped it shut right on the fold of skin under all my fingers on the inside of my hand. It took a minute to get the dumb thing un-clamped because it was never greased lol.

Injury #2: Trying to snap a tiny circuit board off of something, it split down the middle, separating the 2 layers of the board. One of the layers stuck out like a dagger, slid into the front of my thumb, and then went through to the point where it was trying to poke out through the nail

LoFi-Ninja

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2009, 09:35:26 PM »

I've gotten electrocuted by mains alot. I don't think it's very bad.

That'll be down to that crappy 120V mains voltage you have in the US. In the UK we have a real mans mains voltage  :D

Huge 350v caps in valve amps on the other hand, thats a real mans electrocution  :o

I'm in Europe. Rated 240 V... Don't ever call me american again you monkey or I'll come over to your island and rip your bloody balls off..  :D

Dylan

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2009, 02:30:47 AM »

Other than the numerous soldering iron burns, hot glue gun burns, and stabbing my hand with a screwdriver, nothing really.
www.palmetronics.com
BitCoin accepted.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2009, 11:15:56 AM »

I'm in Europe. Rated 240 V... Don't ever call me american again you monkey or I'll come over to your island and rip your bloody balls off..  :D

Does hurting your feelings count as a circuitbending wound?  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]