Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Question about toy line-out issue  (Read 5132 times)

mfichter80

Question about toy line-out issue
« on: April 18, 2018, 03:52:43 PM »

OK, I have attached a diagram of what I have.

I added a line out off of the speaker out on this toy, which I have done many times.  There's a volume pot connected to the speaker, and a switch to turn the speaker off.

Basically, the switch and the volume control also affects the line out, and I can't figure out why.

This is a toy with 5 buttons that play recorded sounds of a mom yelling at her kids.

The location of the ground on this toy is also strange.  A soldering path that's labeled '+' goes to the speaker, and to all of the buttons.  The other contacts for each button, and for the speaker, all go directly to the logic circuit.  So there doesn't seem to be a common ground path on the board.  There is one solder point labeled '-' that goes to the power source, and that's it.  The toy is powered by 3V DC.

It's almost as if the signal is too weak, and the speaker is actually amplifying the line out signal.  Does that make sense?

So my goal here is to have a working line out, without sound coming out of the speaker, if anyone has tips on this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: Question about toy line-out issue
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 02:03:58 PM »

You could try using the negative terminal of the battery as the ground.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool