Circuitbenders Forum > Banter

I got a DEAL! (The "I want to brag about what I got" thread)

(1/26) > >>

Gleix:
I haggled down somebody I found on craigslist... picking up a TR-606 and an Oberheim DX this week, $200 for both!

Anybody scored some cheap gear recently?

S-CAT:
 I got a DEAL! (The "I want to brag about what I got" thread)
« on: Today at 02:40:34 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haggled down somebody I found on craigslist... picking up a TR-606 and an Oberheim DX this week, $200 for both!

Anybody scored some cheap gear recently?

We managed to get a TR-909 for £125.00 including delivery to us here in the UK. from the USA.

deathbender:

--- Quote from: breakbeatnazi on March 25, 2009, 02:40:34 AM ---Anybody scored some cheap gear recently?

--- End quote ---

A Casio SA-10 for 2€ and a cute little 4 channel mixer (heavy duty metal casing, battery/line powered, separate tone control per channel, 1/4" jacks, MM40 Micro Mixer from Japan...) for 5€

Circuitbenders:
i always rather enjoy it when someone thinks they are ripping you off but in reality you've just walked off with something absurdly cheap.

I got a Korg Prophecy for £65 the other week. As i was trying it out i was wondering why the guy selling it wouldn't take his hand away from the output jacks and lo and behold when i got it home there was no sound. 20 minutes later i had both jacks replaced and a fully working Prophecy.

Some people should probably search the internet for common faults with machines they are selling before they try and rip people off on a machine they think is broken a whole lot worse than it is.   ::)

deathbender:

--- Quote from: Circuitbenders on March 25, 2009, 04:12:49 PM ---As i was trying it out i was wondering why the guy selling it wouldn't take his hand away from the output jacks and lo and behold when i got it home there was no sound. 20 minutes later i had both jacks replaced and a fully working Prophecy.
--- End quote ---

Something similar often happens when you buy "broken" Gameboys on E-Bay. Just put some batteries in, wiggle them around with your thumb and voila, it's perfectly working! Or these idiots that sell them as broken with the comment "only shows a black bar on the screen when turned on". When you don't have a cartridge in the slot and turn on a Gameboy, there ALWAYS IS just a black bar... sigh... another mint condition Gameboy for 1€

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version