Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Roland R8 / THE S-CAT HILARITY THREAD!  (Read 76801 times)

Many_boomers

Roland R8 / THE S-CAT HILARITY THREAD!
« on: May 10, 2007, 02:16:55 AM »

I just got an R8 on ebay for $91 delivered (!!). Now, I already know this thing is about as bendable as a 1/2 ton truck frame. But Since it was sold as untested and as is I'm assuming it's broken in some way. Any one ever take a look inside one of these Mofocko's? How easy would, say one of the buttons, be to fix? Power supply problems?

Dumb purchase?

I had one, but right As I was beginning to understand the basics of it, the garage my room was in burned down. I still have some cards though (power drums, and jaz brushes).
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 04:35:11 AM by Circuitbenders »

catweazle

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
  • 8Bit are enough
Re: Roland R8 (yes, not bendable...)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 02:23:58 AM »

Hi, i have tried bending a R8 too. With no great success, only some distortion and a lot of crashes (very annoying to bend) -> not preferable. But you can use the pads to trigger MIDI equipment since the pads sends midi messages.

S-CAT

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 08:21:47 PM »

I just got an R8 on ebay for $91 delivered (!!). Now, I already know this thing is about as bendable as a 1/2 ton truck frame. But Since it was sold as untested and as is I'm assuming it's broken in some way. Any one ever take a look inside one of these Mofocko's? How easy would, say one of the buttons, be to fix? Power supply problems?

Dumb purchase?

I had one, but right As I was beginning to understand the basics of it, the garage my room was in burned down. I still have some cards though (power drums, and jaz brushes).

Here at S-CAT is a ROLAND R-8 drum machine with 8 bends, There are plenty more but 8 on an R-8 is just right.

ne7

• ne7 web
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 09:50:24 PM »

hey s-cat - perhaps you'd like to share some of those with us?
ne7/triad
------------------
http://ne7.untergrund.net

computer at sea

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 10:53:48 PM »

Welcome, S-CAT!  I'm a fan of your videos.

catweazle

• 8Bit are enough
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 11:34:35 PM »

Hi, too ;)

Cool, I am interested how to bend that damn thing.

I hadn't much luck, not very exciting things happend.
... and a lot of crashes while bending ... bit frustrating that was.

I thought the Sound ROM ICs are a good place to start.

any tips?

S-CAT

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 04:11:23 PM »

hey s-cat - perhaps you'd like to share some of those with us?

We can not tell anyone how to bend an R-8
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 09:24:46 PM by S-CAT »

S-CAT

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 04:11:59 PM »

Welcome, S-CAT!  I'm a fan of your videos.

Do you like our machines too?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 09:25:19 PM by S-CAT »

S-CAT

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 04:13:20 PM »

Hi, too ;)

Cool, I am interested how to bend that damn thing.

I hadn't much luck, not very exciting things happend.
... and a lot of crashes while bending ... bit frustrating that was.

I thought the Sound ROM ICs are a good place to start.

any tips?

You should contact us directly.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 09:31:04 PM by S-CAT »

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 07:21:02 PM »

Oh for gods sake. Look, this forum is for the discussion of circuitbending. This forum is not for shameless self promotion of circuitbent stuff you have to sell. I don't think that is unreasonable in any way and everyone else seems to respect and understand this. I could send you a private message but if you decide to behave like this in public then i guess I'll have to work on the same level but i have to say its getting tiresome. If anyone thinks any of this is unreasonable I'm happy to listen and consider your ideas.

If you have anything to actually contribute to a discussion on circuitbending such as tips on how to bend a Roland R8 or in the other thread you seem to have hijacked with your self promotion, a Casio SA-2, then by all means feel free to contribute and I'm sure everyone can avoid squabbling like children.

As it is I'm not going to get into an argument and you can't blackmail anyone with your 'We can not tell anyone how to bend an R-8 unless you decide that we should be able to let people know about our ebay site' nonsense because i for one really don't care in the slightest about the Roland R8 or your ebay site or if anyone chooses to contact you or not, and I'm quite happy to just remove you from the forum if you can't play nicely like all the other kids.

As I've said many times before on here, play nicely or not at all.  ;)

Thankyou for your time.

Did someone mention an ebay site..................... Strangely everything this post was referrimng to seems to have been edited out, make of that what you will.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 10:16:18 PM by Circuitbenders »
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

S-CAT

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 08:31:52 PM »

Oh for gods sake. Look, this forum is for the discussion of circuitbending. This forum is not for shameless self promotion of circuitbent stuff you have to sell. I don't think that is unreasonable in any way and everyone else seems to respect and understand this. I could send you a private message but if you decide to behave like this in public then i guess I'll have to work on the same level but i have to say its getting tiresome. If anyone thinks any of this is unreasonable I'm happy to listen and consider your ideas.

If you have anything to actually contribute to a discussion on circuitbending such as tips on how to bend a Roland R8 or in the other thread you seem to have hijacked with your self promotion, a Casio SA-2, then by all means feel free to contribute and I'm sure everyone can avoid squabbling like children.

As it is I'm not going to get into an argument and you can't blackmail anyone with your 'We can not tell anyone how to bend an R-8 unless you decide that we should be able to let people know about our ebay site' nonsense because i for one really don't care in the slightest about the Roland R8 or your ebay site or if anyone chooses to contact you or not, and I'm quite happy to just remove you from the forum if you can't play nicely like all the other kids.

As I've said many times before on here, play nicely or not at all.  ;)

Thankyou for your time.

You seem to be very good at promoting us, The more you complain the more people will want to find out about us, We do not care about do this or do that we just do what we want, What are you a copper or sumfin sunshine?

S-CAT IS OUT THERE AND ON THE CASE, KEEP WATCHING THE FURY CREATURE GROW.

Did someone mention an ebay site.....................

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: Roland R8 (yes, not bendable...) Hijacked by S-CAT - sorry.
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 08:43:04 PM »

::)

oh dear.......  ;D

i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

voodoolikeudoo

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 08:54:07 PM »

I'm so embarressed on your behalf S-CAT  :-[
You've signed up to a forum and acted like a 15 year old having a tantrum insulting the owner and moderators in the process and actually think that this endears you to people? You actually think you can act like this and do whatever you want on someone elses forum and not have people think you are a dick and get banned?!!!!  :D
Do you do this on every forum you join?

If it wasn't so tragic it would be funny

S-CAT

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 09:15:44 PM »

I'm so embarressed on your behalf S-CAT  :-[
You've signed up to a forum and acted like a 15 year old having a tantrum insulting the owner and moderators in the process and actually think that this endears you to people? You actually think you can act like this and do whatever you want on someone elses forum and not have people think you are a dick and get banned?!!!!  :D
Do you do this on every forum you join?

If it wasn't so tragic it would be funny

We are glad to see that we are getting such a strong reaction from people, What is this site about? We are having such a laugh at all of you. Do you really think that people who circuit bend machines would be interested in buying machines from other circuit benders? Why take us so seriously? We are not really interested in this site and especially the moderator. He is the one who decided to re-word our self promotion. Is he that clever? all that is going on here is a site that seems to have lots of questions and no answers. Have you tried some of the bends that people post on this site? We have and thought that they were some of the worst bends that could be done to  a machine.

You seem to think that we are having a tantrum, why is that? You need to read the comments from us with your tongue in your cheek. We have entered a site that promotes circuit bending. So what did they expect from us?

Please keep this thread going as it could develop into something worth reading if you give it a chance.

S-CAT

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 09:30:02 PM »

::)

oh dear.......  ;D

Yes they are quite expensive some times.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7