Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Roland R8 / THE S-CAT HILARITY THREAD!  (Read 79452 times)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: Roland R8 (yes, not bendable...) Hijacked by S-CAT - sorry.
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 09:48:28 PM »

OK S-CAT, enough.

I'm tired of this. We both know that you've just gone back through all your posts and edited them to make yourself not look so childish. What is the point of all this exactly, i don't understand?

I would appreciate it if you took this elsewhere. I don't like banning people but i also don't like feeling like i'm in charge of a nursery and that is what your posts are turning this into.

i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

S-CAT

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 09:54:10 PM »

::)

oh dear.......  ;D

Yes they are quite expensive some times.

The audio samples are available for free, take a look and get back to us. We have started a new thread and included a link, It seems that other people are doing the same so we thought it would be ok with you. If you do have a problem then please make yourself clear on the issue.

Noise, Tracks & samplesCircuitbent tracks & samples, General music discussion

S-CAT

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 09:59:46 PM »

OK S-CAT, enough.

I'm tired of this. We both know that you've just gone back through all your posts and edited them to make yourself not look so childish. What is the point of all this exactly, i don't understand?

I would appreciate it if you took this elsewhere. I don't like banning people but i also don't like feeling like i'm in charge of a nursery and that is what your posts are turning this into.

We edited this so that it showed that we are not trying to offend you, you said about not mentioning our site so we respected your point of view and acted accordingly. We feel that we have a lot to say and this was a good place to start. look a the new string. We are sorry if you are getting upset but you should maybe realise that you are the one who is reacting like a child. Grow up this is the real world and sometimes it's not easy.

Kind regards and our fullest appollogies.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 10:11:35 PM »

Your site you were promoting  happened to be an ebay shop, at least it was before you edited all that out.

I have made pretty much made myself clear on the issue. There is no problem with posting links to interesting videos or machines you've built but the purpose of this forum is to share bending ideas and information.

The purpose of this forum is not to just blatantly promote your money making enterprise in whatever form it might take, it is not to make endless posts saying how great you are and how your machines are amazing and are better than anyone elses, it is not to go back and edit your posts in order to make other forum members look stupid,  it is not to say you know how to mod something and then say you're not going to tell anyone how.

This forum is for the sharing of information.

I've never had to make any hard and fast rules before in the 4 or 5 years that this forum has been up and i don't want to have to now. I also don't want to have to ban people from editing posts they have made.

If anyone doesn't wish to abide by these rules then they should feel free to cancel their account.

Feel free to give details of how you bent your Roland R8................

This is the end of it.

kick52

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 10:19:52 PM »

LOL, I've never seen such an fast rate of posts on this site, and it's all spam :(
Anyway, circuitbenders, (damn, what do I call you? circuitbenders isn't as personal as a real nick :o), BANINATION TIME COMMENCES!

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 10:28:26 PM »

Its a default on all forums that random flameswars are always more exciting than the actual topic under discussion  :D

Anyone remember Papaspank a couple of years back? Now that was a good one, he nearly managed to delete half the forum in his righteous rage  before i managed to remove him and his various alias's from the board.

S-CAT

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 10:37:35 PM »

Your site you were promoting  happened to be an ebay shop, at least it was before you edited all that out.

I have made pretty much made myself clear on the issue. There is no problem with posting links to interesting videos or machines you've built but the purpose of this forum is to share bending ideas and information.

The purpose of this forum is not to just blatantly promote your money making enterprise in whatever form it might take, it is not to make endless posts saying how great you are and how your machines are amazing and are better than anyone elses, it is not to go back and edit your posts in order to make other forum members look stupid,  it is not to say you know how to mod something and then say you're not going to tell anyone how.

I've never had to make any hard and fast rules before in the 4 or 5 years that this forum has been up and i don't want to have to now. I also don't want to have to ban people from editing posts they have made.

If anyone doesn't wish to abide by these rules then they should feel free to cancel their account.

This is the end of it.

Please take a look at our videos and feel free to comment, we are pleased that we have helped you to streamline the forum by not letting members edit their post in the future. As you have calmed down now maybe you will be interested in the S-CAT machines. We are currently writting a book of our modifications and have copy rights on all of our machines. We will soon be building drum machines from our own designs and hope to be building bigger and better circuitbent machines in the future. We are currently working on a good few machines which include... An SK-1, SK-5 Sk-2100, Novation drum station, bass station, Casio MT-200, Yamaha pc-100 and a box full of FX pedals. We will be making videos of all of the machines and would like to be able to show them on this site if it is ok with you.

Kind regards,

PHONIC-POTION & SPACE-CAT AUDIO TECHNOLOGIES.

kick52

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2008, 10:50:04 PM »

This is the end of it.

Please take a look at our videos and feel free to comment, we are pleased that we have helped you to streamline the forum by not letting members edit their post in the future. As you have calmed down now maybe you will be interested in the S-CAT machines. We are currently writting a book of our modifications and have copy rights on all of our machines. We will soon be building drum machines from our own designs and hope to be building bigger and better circuitbent machines in the future. We are currently working on a good few machines which include... An SK-1, SK-5 Sk-2100, Novation drum station, bass station, Casio MT-200, Yamaha pc-100 and a box full of FX pedals. We will be making videos of all of the machines and would like to be able to show them on this site if it is ok with you.

Kind regards,

PHONIC-POTION & SPACE-CAT AUDIO TECHNOLOGIES.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.
MORE spam replying to his final warning?
BANNED!

S-CAT

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2008, 10:54:31 PM »

I'm so embarressed on your behalf S-CAT  :-[
You've signed up to a forum and acted like a 15 year old having a tantrum insulting the owner and moderators in the process and actually think that this endears you to people? You actually think you can act like this and do whatever you want on someone elses forum and not have people think you are a dick and get banned?!!!!  :D
Do you do this on every forum you join?

If it wasn't so tragic it would be funny

Come on people let us see what you have been building, send us a link.

voodoolikeudoo

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2008, 10:56:11 PM »

have copy rights on all of our machines.

WHAT!? i don't think so. Are you copyrighting the idea of removing and replacing a clock resistor? Are you copyrighting the idea of a voltage cut crash? In that case i'm copyrighting here and now the technique of shorting the pins of a sound ROM chip together which means from now on nobody can build circuitbent drum machines to your own designs or anyone elses designs unless you pay me a licencing fee. ;D I do hope you won't ever be putting a patchbay on anything as you might be violating a circuitbenders.co.uk copyright  ;D  I think its a safe bet that you can't copyright any circuitbending ideas or Reed Ghazala would own us all.

So much for an open sharing of information.

S-CAT

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2008, 10:56:43 PM »

oh dear.......  ;D

We would be interested in what you have been building, can you send us a link?

kick52

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2008, 11:02:16 PM »

Oh, voodoolikeudoo, don't diss us minors.
I'm 14, and I'm not an asshole like S-CAT.

S-CAT

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2008, 11:10:00 PM »

have copy rights on all of our machines.

WHAT!? i don't think so. Are you copyrighting the idea of removing and replacing a clock resistor? Are you copyrighting the idea of a voltage cut crash? In that case i'm copyrighting here and now the technique of shorting the pins of a sound ROM chip together which means from now on nobody can build circuitbent drum machines to your own designs or anyone elses designs unless you pay me a licencing fee. ;D I do hope you won't ever be putting a patchbay on anything as you might be violating a circuitbenders.co.uk copyright  ;D  I think its a safe bet that you can't copyright any circuitbending ideas or Reed Ghazala would own us all.

Maybe you could take some advice here, When a machine is manufactured by Roland for instance then they and the circuit designer own the copyright. Then say S-CAT decided that they could improve on the sound capabilities and the user interface of the machine. They work their little paws off and come up with something unique. Then the put a little sticker  with the copyright symbol and date iinside the modified machine and seal it up. Then all of a sudden Roland release the MK II of their machine. It now does what the S-CAT modification does. This then gives S-CAT enough to be able to go to court and challenge Roland. If the copyright symbol was not in the machine then S-CAT would not have a paw to stand on. But as they do and also have the documentation to back up their design they could then file for something that is known as joint copyright. This in reality means that the S-CAT modification could not work with our the Roland unit and that the Roland MK II would not work without the S-CAT modification. It would be a hard slog in court but S-CAT would be within their rights to file for joint ownership of the MK II machine.

When we say to build a drum machine from our own design we mean from scratch and not by copying anyone else. It is possibble and it will be done.

Keep it coming!
So much for an open sharing of information.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2008, 11:11:52 PM »

oh dear.......  ;D

We would be interested in what you have been building, can you send us a link?

errrm, yes by all means, try this one -  www.circuitbenders.co.uk  ::)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2008, 11:14:57 PM »

I'm 14, and I'm not an asshole like S-CAT.

Less of that please, we can do without abuse

now, about the roland R8.......................................
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7