Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Roland R8 / THE S-CAT HILARITY THREAD!  (Read 76784 times)

S-CAT

Re: Roland R8 (yes, not bendable...) Hijacked by S-CAT - sorry.
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2008, 11:16:04 PM »

Oh, voodoolikeudoo, don't diss us minors.
I'm 14, and I'm not an asshole like S-CAT.

You should take a look at the latest reply from S-CAT maybe you could take this on board and become secure in your future of circuitbending.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2008, 11:31:44 PM »

Now, about the Roland R8...................
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

S-CAT

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2008, 11:32:07 PM »

::)

oh dear.......  ;D

We would be interested in what you have been building, can you send us a link?

errrm, yes by all means, try this one -  www.circuitbenders.co.uk  ::)

Thats a big ebay sign that you have got there, Do you use your own knowledge when you circuitbendmachines or do you use tried and tested designs from other sources?

S-CAT

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2008, 11:34:19 PM »

Now, about the Roland R8...................

What do you need to know? It is here next to me and the case has been removed. You are not asking me to tell you what to do on your R-8 are you. Because it may end up with some self promotion here.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2008, 11:42:46 PM »

OK ENOUGH,

I've tried to be reasonable, i have tried to explain the situation, i have tried to be fair, i've tried to inject some humour into proceediings but you appear to be absolutley determined to be an asshole and just be objectionable. You seem to really want to be banned and so thats what i'm going to do. I don't have enough time in my life to deal with this kind of shit so goodbye. You can think whatever you want and i wish you luck in your 'future of circuitbending' or your mult-imillion pound circuitbending empire or whatever it is that will make you feel superior to the rest of us poor amateurs. I simply do not give a shit anymore.

Thankyou.

I would welcome comments from other users as the the validity of this decision if anyone has read this thread and can be bothered to have an opinion.

computer at sea

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2008, 11:50:06 PM »

I would welcome comments from other users as the the validity of this decision if anyone has read this thread and can be bothered to have an opinion.

Unquestionably the correct decision.

gmeredith

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2008, 12:02:11 AM »

I agree.

Cheers, Graham

MBM23

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2008, 12:24:13 AM »

I've been a long time lurker but first time poster

Been following this and just want to say that S-CAT guy deserved to be banned.
 I've seen some of the gear he peddles on ebay and its nothing special.

catweazle

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
  • 8Bit are enough
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2008, 12:42:43 AM »

What a shame!
could have been a interessting brainstorming...
... but thinking about money had destroyed a lot in history.

The R8 can also be used as a MIDI Trigger (the pads send MIDI messages)
I don't have to bend everything I get into my fingers.

maybe there are some other interesting (and free) stuff in other threads here ...

@S-CAT:
I think I can understand you a bit,
"cool, I've done something others want to know...but wait...I can earn some money with this maybe"
Tip:
Build a simple 12AX7 tubepreamp circuit inside the R8 and you get 10x times the money.

good luck with you buisness ...

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2008, 01:00:15 AM »

Well, i don't have a problem with S-CAT making money from circuitbending, if i did i wouldn't be doing it myself.   :-\

What i do have a problem with is him or them coming on here and reapeatedly promoting his ebay store despite being asked not to, refusing to give out any information on his bends and generally being obnoxious .

Some people may have missed the MT-200 post that S-CAT put up. It basically said he has an MT-200 with 11 bends and thats how its done if you are an expert like him and any other way that anyone can do it won't be as good but he's not going to give out any information on how he did it. Understandibly i deleted that one.

It is disappointing as i'm sure he has got some good ideas but nobody else on this forum has ever caused so much distruption in so little time.

gmeredith

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2008, 02:14:51 AM »

I just had a look at a few videos of his stuff, just to see what all his hype was about. Well, basically that's what it turned out to be - hype!

Most of his sounds were just digital distortion stuff - like when you fool around with data lines or overdriving sounds. You could do 90% of what he does with a distortion pedal on the output of your keyboard. Lots of videos of keyboards and drum machines doing the same stuff that you hear being done by people on this forum. And he wants to copyright that??  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Cheers, Graham

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2008, 03:40:36 PM »

Oh dear, Mr S-CAT just tragically went and told on us to daddy, or Reed Ghazala as he's otherwise known to grown ups.  ;D

And i quote from the email S-CAT just sent me:
Here is a message from someone who has just looked at our site, Now if he decided to use your site for self promotion would you tell him to fuck off?

Take this and stick it on your site, Mabe you will find that S-CAT is going to be one of the biggest names around.

Hi there,    Why'd ya get kicked outta the forum?    As to bending ...cool sounds, fair deals, strong builds.    Maybe specialize in a design or two.    Of course, be original.    Thanks for the note,    and discover cool things!    all best,    reed

make of that what you will. Why S-CAT would think that anyone would care, or why he thinks that Reed Ghazala wouldn't get kicked off this forum if he behaved like S-CAT does i don't know.

And to qoute from another email S-CAT sent me today:
You are saying here that if people do not give away their designs on the site then they are not welcome. Did you read the comments and information that I gave the readers about copyrights. Now if that isn't worth reading then what is the point of the site? It is just a shop and we knew that from the start. Thats why we chose to overide the rules. We are pleased to have been banned in such a short time and are sure that your little world will always remember us at S-CAT. You can not deny our machines are some of the better units available. Whats your problem. Do you think that I didn't want to tell you to fuck off?

Its all just so embarressing  :-[ ::)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 09:02:27 PM by Circuitbenders »

TECHSET

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2008, 04:08:46 PM »

Oh dear, Mr S-CAT just tragically went and told on us to daddy, or Reed Ghazala as he's otherwise known to grown ups.  ;D

And i quote from the email S-CAT just sent me:
Here is a message from someone who has just looked at our site, Now if he decided to use your site for self promotion would you tell him to fuck off?

Take this and stick it on your site, Mabe you will find that S-CAT is going to be one of the biggest names around.

Hi there,    Why'd ya get kicked outta the forum?    As to bending ...cool sounds, fair deals, strong builds.    Maybe specialize in a design or two.    Of course, be original.    Thanks for the note,    and discover cool things!    all best,    reed

make of that what you will. Why S-CAT would think that anyone would care, or why he thinks that Reed Ghazala wouldn't get kicked off this forum if he behaved like S-CAT does i don't know.

And to qoute from another email S-CAT sent me today:
You are saying here that if people do not give away their designs on the site then they are not welcome. Did you read the comments and information that I gave the readers about copyrights. Now if that isn't worth reading then what is the point of the site? It is just a shop and we knew that from the start. Thats why we chose to overide the rules. We are pleased to have been banned in such a short time and are sure that your little world will always remember us at S-CAT. You can not deny our machines are some of the better units available. Whats your problem. Do you think that I didn't want to tell you to fuck off?

Its all just so embarressing  :-[ ::)

Looks like S-CAT are causing a few problems here, maybe they should be allowed back on the site and be put on the spot, Throw some sensible question in their direstion and see if they have some answers. They are very successful in what they do and are not really going to give their ideas away to every one that asks. The spamming is maybe too much but this site is a forum for disscussion and they can definatly teach some of the circuitbenders out there a few good tricks. After all they have a good trail of sold items under their belt and will most probably be doing this for a long time. The argument was unfair as in they were banned after a fair challenge to the owner, who seemed to take offence at everything that was said.

Circuit bending is an easy thing for most people to do and can sometimes become rather elitist and a little bit fickle. The idea behind the machines is to enhance the music that the individual is working on, S-CAT machines are well thought out and do make some amasing sounds. I have seen the videos of their machines and agree that all of them are not amazing, but then some of them are. Maybe you should ask them to post some of their finished music on this site, as they are both accomplished electronic musicians who have released material with some very well known recor labels.

As a musicians they seem to be earning money from their circuitbent machines, which is a good thing. How many of you would like to be in that position instead of working for the man?

Get them back as it was well worth reading some of those funny comments from them, They are truly mad!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 09:02:39 PM by Circuitbenders »

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2008, 04:35:01 PM »

How interesting, TECHSET is posting from exactly the same IP address as S-CAT was.

Either theres an unbelivable co-incidence going on or theres something unbelivably tragic going on :D

S-CAT, i said i would unblock your IP so you could read what was being written as its only fair, not so you could sign up again under a different name and pretend to be someone else saying how great S-CAT is.

If it wasn't for the same IP thing i'm afraid your attitude is a instant give away.  ;)

kick52

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2008, 08:04:25 PM »

Epic lolz hath been declared!

---

Even if RG did reply, he probably would have asked why he was banned because S-CAT didn't tell him  :P
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7