Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Roland R8 / THE S-CAT HILARITY THREAD!  (Read 79789 times)

gmeredith

• Closer to the meat
Re: Roland R8 / THE S-CAT HILARITY THREAD!
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2008, 05:33:12 AM »

Awww, come on guys... which one of you faked S-CAT's forum ID and posted this? :D

Cheers, Graham

S-CAT

« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2008, 01:52:08 AM »

It was not a fake, I managed to log on to the site in the early hours and thought that I should defend my corner, afterall it was all a bit of fun tht just got ot of hand. I have appologised to paul of circutbenders UK. and hope that he can accept. I have never been on a forum before and in my own mistake thought that the best way to get a response from people was to explain who I am and what I do, I did not intend to self promote.

When I joined up in another name I thought that it was obvious who I was and felt that I had a few things to say to everyone on the site. It seems a good place to talk about circuit bending and I really feel that it was unfair to be banned for the reason that I was. Yes I have managed to circuit ben an R-8and yes I refuse to give specific details on how it was done, but I hae just read the commens from Circuitbenders themselves, who state that they will not give details of their bends either. So what went wrong is my question?

After building 195 circuit bent machines and selling 189 of them for a rather large amount of money I now see this as a viable buisness and will be pushing my ideas further. Selling on ebay is such a good way to earn a living and as I have said in previous messages, I am earning a good living from something that I have been doing since secondry school. The whole idea was to avoid orking for the man and fuel mylove of making electronicmusic, which I have been doing since 1986. If anyone is interested I recorded under the name of INTERLECT 3000 with my now brother in-law Daren Ager.

We achieved a great amount of success with our projects and released material with some ofthe top underground record labels at the time. Such as SMTTEN, TRUELOVE, PHANTASM, RUMOUR, EDEL etc. We also featured on the very first cover mount CD of FUTURE MUSIC MAGAZINE (most of you out ther will have a copy) with two tracks and 19 drum loops.  We are now known in certain circles as he pioneers ofthe new ACID TECHNO STYLE along with HARDFLOOR. So as you can see I am in this for life and would like to ask you to visit the PHONICPOTION YOUTBE SITE to listen to some very recent material that I have just posted.

We Have launched the S-CAT competition recently on YOUTUBE and the prize is one of our 9 MOD CASIO VL-1's, We are seriously thinking about starting a CIRCUIT BENT RCORD LABEL and would like people to send us their material for the project.

If I had not been banned then maybe you coulld of ended up having a decent conversation with me, but please do not ask me to give you details on the S-CAT MODIFICATIONS, as I make a living rom my random skills and think that I am just in refusing to gie the ideas away. I am working hard and enjoying what I am doing and have always had the ambition to produce an own design drum machine. I do not have qualifications in the electroics field but with the last year being spent on circuit bending I am now becomig aware of the rules.

If you want to keep me of the site thats fair enough, but you are probably making the wrong choice.

Arron from S-CAT & PHONIC-POTION/RETRO-70.

S-CAT

Re: Roland R8 (yes, not bendable...) Hijacked by S-CAT - sorry.
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2008, 02:02:50 AM »

You have metioned about the add on, which is where the coversation would have gone if I had been given the chance to speak. I am not as stupid as you may think and would be happy to discuss the issue further with you.

S-CAT

« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2008, 02:06:35 AM »

Please explain to me what the pont of the forum is? I was under the impression hat it was to discuss circuit bending and when someone saysan R-8 can not be circuitbent then I thought I was perfectly within my rights to ention that I have done it and also not be told that if I did not tell everyone that I would be banned from this site.

S-CAT

« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2008, 02:09:27 AM »

It is more than a hobby when you have sold over 180 circuit bent machines. Try asking CIRCUITBENDERS UK. to give you the full details on their better machines. Knowledge is power my friend.

S-CAT

« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2008, 02:13:20 AM »

Before you decided to tell everyone just how clever you are after reading a dictionary and quoting what SCAT is , did younot think that since the name has an animal in the title that there could be a possible deliberate point  being made when we decided to use the name S-CAT?

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2008, 02:17:12 AM »

And yet STILL you are getting on here somehow and being offensive and obnoxious. Does it really matter to you that much?

I have nothing to say to you S-CAT and i really don't see what you are trying to prove. It seems that most people on this forum appear to think that you are an idiot. You can try and wind me up all you want to get the response you seem to crave. i just don't care.

Well done on all your fantastic achievements. I'm not at all certain what all that proves and I'm not at all certain why you are under the impression that anyone would care.

I suggest you seek professional help.

Or maybe not bother posting when you are either drunk or off your face.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

S-CAT

« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2008, 02:21:02 AM »

Are you laying to the crowd or is that your own opinion?

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2008, 02:27:05 AM »

OK, you have one response before i ban your new IP again, so you best make it a good one.

I simply can't wait to witness the comedy hilarity you're going to come up with for this one.

MAKE IT SO!

S-CAT

« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2008, 02:34:59 AM »

You are not takin all of these replys that I am leaving for everyone else as messages for you are you? maybe you have got the wrong end of the stick here.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2008, 02:42:25 AM »

well that was disappointing.

Allow me to quote from the forum rules:

* Forum Members that post details of their bent machines but persistantly refuse to supply any information on how their mods were performed when asked, will be warned and then banned. This forum is for the exchange of information and tips not gratuitous self promotion.

* Abusive and obnoxious behaviour will not be tolerated.

You fail on both counts i'm afraid.

kick52

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2008, 07:09:27 AM »

You should of banned him already, for ban evading!

I'm tired of this guy spamming my "Most recent 10 posts" list.

Gordonjcp

• http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2008, 11:51:46 AM »

And anyway, I bet the R8 *is* bendable if you know how to go about it.  You're probably going to have to do more than just short wires across the pins of chips though.

I reckon changing the samples would be easy, too.
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2008, 04:40:17 PM »

And anyway, I bet the R8 *is* bendable if you know how to go about it.  You're probably going to have to do more than just short wires across the pins of chips though.

It probably is with a bit of effort. Unlike S-CAT I'd like to think that if you managed it then you'd let people know how you did it if they asked though.

I don't really understand this 'keeping mods secret to protect your business' thing that S-CAT seems to have going on. Thats a fair enough argument if you were building something from scratch but with circuitbending,  i could probably get hold of virtually any machine  by the end of this week and come up with exactly the same bends as anyone else has come up with for that machine in a matter of hours!

I'm not sure what S-CAT is referring to when he says 'Try asking CIRCUITBENDERS UK. to give you the full details on their better machines'. Go on, someone try it  :D

True, I'm not about to give someone a precise DIY guide from beginning to end about how to do exactly our mods on something, but thats not because i feel the need to keep secrets for my multinational circuitbending empire. Thats because I'd prefer for people to think for themselves and maybe come up with something new rather than just copying exactly what someone else has done, and if they do come up with something new I'd appreciate it as much as anyone else if they came on here and told people about it.

I'm quite happy to give people advice and tips about how to go about bending just about any machine that I've still got notes for and i don't doubt that from there anyone could come up with anything I've ever done, and probably do it better. :)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2009, 06:08:31 PM »

Oh dear god, i think i might piss myself laughing!

Sorry to ressurect this thread once again but i just got an email from one Abigael Saward asking me if i have any plans for the Roland R5 available. A little research reveals that someone of that name just so happens to be the wife of one Arron Courts, who some of you might know as S-CAT!  ;D ;D ;D

After their complete and utter point blank refusal to give any details of any of their mods the irony is crippling me.  ::)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7